Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Dorsett cuddy ? $200 with trailer

http://eugene.craigslist.org/boa/2741752662.html

Early post: Fiberglassics library does not show pictures before 1958 so it is not clear which model this would be at 14.9 length. If I learn more I will post it.

Update: It is a 1957 Endura Craft built by Dorsett. Actual length is 15.9. There is a matching picture in Nov 1956 issue of Sea and Pacific. They made 13, 15, and 17 foot models but who knows how they were measured. Marty says they are relative rare and a classic design. I will use him as an excuse when my wife sees what will be following me home tomorrow. Have to keep up with Chuck buying a Dorsett.
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Go for it Bruce! That's a nice looking boat. Let's see some pictures when you get it home. :TakePicture1:
    Mark
    Silverdale, WA.
    1956 BellBoy Express 16

Comment

Bruce, Maybe i could follow you home with this one behind you from California. Oh my god, this is starting to be a real sickness ! Chuck
      Attached Files
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Christmas boats

Chuck
        In keeping with the Holiday decorations, all my fiberglass boats are red or green . Can't fit in a blue one at this time of year . I'm sure Santa would consider the roof support on the blue as fitting in the naughty category .
        Bruce H. Drake
        1957 Norseman 19' woodie

Comment

Trailer

Looks like a little Gator trailer or something vintage < Check out the fenders thats probably worth the $200
          Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Enduracraft

Bruce -

Great find, and price. We're eager to see more photos, too.

- Marty
            http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

It just happens to be that I am in Eugene for a business deal and can look at this and that other trippy looking thing that kind of looks like it might be possibly one of the first OMC boats.

That Dorsett you talking about down here looks like it has a way different hull. More like a barn door with a cabin on it. I mean Really flat bottom in compairson to what Rich and Chuck has.

Call it and I will go look and get some pictures.
              See what I get for coming down this far with no trailer hitch
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, I always carry two receivers. One with 1 7/8' and 2" ball. You just never know when you might need them. Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Enduracraft

Joe -

Bruce is picking the boat up tomorrow morning.

- Marty
                  http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

It's a Monterey

Bruce
                    The boat I have is called a 16 foot Dorset 1956 on the tittle but I did some searching and it is an Enduracraft Monterey. Enduracraft was bought up by Dorset about 1957. It has the same lines and style as mine.Take a look at my photos and see what you think. When I got mine it was a pretty blue almost the some color as it is now. There are some pictures in my photos showing me rebuilding it too. Lowell
                    1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                    1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                    1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Enduracraft now in Scappoose

Picked up the Enduracraft and it is just like Lowell's. Interior is probably original and I will pretend for awhile that all the wood is intact
                      Looks like all the hardware is there except a Enduracraft logo. Will post pictures once I get it cleaned up a bit.

Joe, it is now parked in front of the barn door which is much much flatter than the lines of the Enduracraft. Hope your Eugene trip was successful. I think I saw the OMC two years ago in one of the towns north of Eugene - or one very similar.
                      Bruce H. Drake
                      1957 Norseman 19' woodie

Comment

Endura Craft Photos

I figure this is a 17 Monterey as well. Mine was registered in 1957 in Oregon as 15'9''. It measures out as 17' gunnel length which is same as Monterey model.

http://www.fiberglassics.com/library...raftb57001.jpg

Fiberglass and windows are in good shape, all hardware is there. Floor seems solid on first check and transom is stout except for upper starboard corner. Interior wood panel needs replacement. Has its porcelain potty pot. Had been rigged with twin Evinrudes but I don't know what model.

Cute boat overall.

The Monterey model was on display at the Seattle boat show in 1956 according to Nov 1956 magazine ad.
                        Attached Files
                        Bruce H. Drake
                        1957 Norseman 19' woodie

Comment

Bruce--- very nice find!

The side opening windows look great, you have a good boat to start with everything looks like it’s there, very original. When I bought mine it needed a new transom and cockpit floor, splash well and replacement of bunks inside too. Someone had modified the boat years before I got it and removed the original fittings, seats, side cabin windows and transom. I had no idea what it looked like in the cockpit area so I decided I would not even try to put it back original. The bunks are set up differently than yours and there was no paneling on the cockpit sides. The stringers were not properly bonded to the hull with fiberglass tape and had to be reattached. It took me two years to fix up Rebel, the workspace wasn't the best, the roof of the garage was a pitch dripping and needle dropping spruce tree.

Please keep me updated on your progress and what you find, I'm very interested. Thanks for sharing.
                          1956 Enduracraft Monterey
                          1976 Cal 2-27 Sailboat
                          1986 Mariner XL Seakayak

Comment

Working...
                          X