1959 Skagit Offshore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1959 Skagit Offshore

Buried in this ad is $500 for Skagit Offshore in Snohomish.
    http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/2780674500.html
    Bruce H. Drake
    1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
    1957 Norseman 19' woodie
    1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
    1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Also buried in the add are 3 100 hp mercs. I am waiting for a reply!!!:fishing:
    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

I have personnally inspected this 20' 1959 Skagit Offshore and to a small extent, the Merc motors. It's located just to the East of the Hwy 9 bridge over the Snohomish River- the road on the South side of the river.
      Everything was on the boat when I inspected it about 1 year ago, with the cabin top hatch removed but stowed in the cockpit area.
      It would be a really big resto project, as everything that usually needs to be replaced- floor, transom, bulkhead, needs it !
      Gelcoat on the cabintop was so worn/oxidized that you could see thru it.
      One neat detail is that it had original colors of black with red trim.
      If anyone wants pictures, I went over it thoroughly with camera- email me for more detailed pics.
      The Merc motors are parts motors, from what I could tell.
      He was very fixated on how much he had spent on the boat in the past, not it's present condition/value. $500 is too much !
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by halffast32, post: 20620
        Also buried in the add are 3 100 hp mercs. I am waiting for a reply!!!:fishing:
        Gordon, if you get a reply and it turns out any of the 3 have decent cowl wraps or front cover plates that you can spare, I will gladly pay you for them... That's the last detail to make my little Havoc more appealing to a potential buyer. I have the original anniversery front plate from 1965 but the cool plastic decal fell off and got smashed so it looks ROUGH and the cowl was so scratched up I painted all black but would be nice to have a proper one again...

Thanks.
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

More pictures of Skagit

The CL lister sent me these pictures. I have not seen the boat myself.
          Attached Files
          Bruce H. Drake
          1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
          1957 Norseman 19' woodie
          1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
          1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

He was very fixated on how much he had spent on the boat in the past, not it's present condition/value. $500 is too much !
              Sounds like the $2500 he paid was too much!
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Merc emblems

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 20625
                Gordon, if you get a reply and it turns out any of the 3 have decent cowl wraps or front cover plates that you can spare, I will gladly pay you for them... That's the last detail to make my little Havoc more appealing to a potential buyer. I have the original anniversery front plate from 1965 but the cool plastic decal fell off and got smashed so it looks ROUGH and the cowl was so scratched up I painted all black but would be nice to have a proper one again...

Thanks.
                Brian check out this web site he has re-production Merc emblems

http://www.iserv.net/~shapton/Emblems.html
                Rick & Sarah

1959 Larson "Falls Flyer"

Comment

Originally posted by bham-rick, post: 20639
                  Brian check out this web site he has re-production Merc emblems

http://www.iserv.net/~shapton/Emblems.html
                  Thanks for the link, I emailed him to see if he has or can make the 1965 emblem, it's pretty different from anything he has on the website..
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Finally picked up the 3 100's yesterday.:HandHorn1: Brian, there is nothing in this lot you would be interested in. All the tin and the one included period faceplate are very rough. As you know, I have quite a few later model faceplates, but the 62-64's are hard to find in decent condition. The 1964 anniversary plate seems to be the hardest to find.
                    All three roll over. Only 1 complete lower (supposedly rebuilt) and 1 brand new starter. He said the most complete engine ran.:Good one: I'll be rearranging things again in the far shop to get them inside. "Parts is parts"!
                    The guy kept saying what a great deal I was getting. I told him if it wasn't a great deal, I would still be home on the couch and wouldn't be there busting my back to load the heavy old things! Then I get to horse them around on this end too!:Scared2: The older I get, the heavier these "towers of power" get! More like "towers of pain!"
                    Gordon and Cheryl Davies

Comment

Tower's of pain in so many ways. Honda's rule...
                      ChuckB
                      "Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats." K. Grahame "The Wind in the Willows"

Comment

Working...
                      X