Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTB Nice Outboard{s)

-FOUND ONE- Please Remove Ad.

I'm looking at adding power to the old Dorsett San Juan.

If anyone has knowledge about a nice long shaft 85-150 hp single, or a pair of 50-70 hp late 70's or newer outboard(s) I'd be interested in the referral.

I might also be interested in a big Homelite (Bearcat) or a pair of little ones.

Looking for dependable turn key.

Thanks,

Doug
    skagitman@comcast.net
    Attached Files

How about
    http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2804974727.html

I need low-emissions motors or I'd have bought these for my Bellboy 21.

Comment

That sounds like a pretty good lead. I'll give him a shout. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by edbrown, post: 21147
        How about
        http://medford.craigslist.org/boa/2804974727.html

I need low-emissions motors or I'd have bought these for my Bellboy 21.
        Let me correct that. I didn't see them. But barring surprises I would have bought them.

Comment

You still boatin? I thought you gave it up....

Originally posted by Powertrip, post: 21143
          I'm looking at adding power to the old Dorsett San Juan.

If anyone has knowledge about a nice long shaft 85-150 hp single, or a pair of 50-70 hp late 70's or newer outboard(s) I'd be interested in the referral.

I might also be interested in a big Homelite (Bearcat) or a pair of little ones.

Looking for dependable turn key.

Thanks,

Doug
          skagitman@comcast.net
          John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Mr Marvelous, Don't most boater change their minds every second on the second. Right ??? Chuck
            1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
            1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Point well taken. I tend to fall into that category.

Originally posted by chuckcarey, post: 21164
              Mr Marvelous, Don't most boater change their minds every second on the second. Right ??? Chuck
              John & Diane Kelly

Comment

Well John, after dropping many thousands on a Glasply that ultimately had to be taken to the dump and crushed I was pretty certain I'd had enough of boating. I was really burnt out. I only went boating once last year (in October) with my mom and dad in their Bellboy. While it was fun, my heart just wasn't into it like before.

I sold every boat I owned including my creampuff 58 Skagit, but I had a heck of a time finding a home for my Power Cat. In late Fall I was willing to take an offer. If somebody would've offered me $300 I would've taken it. Thank God nobody did! Because a few weeks later I found a gentlemen who was willing to trade me a pretty nice old San Juan for my PC.

I doubt I ever would've bought a Dorsett, but like I said this was my opportunity to move the Power Cat out of my driveway. You know I don't have anything against Dorsetts, it's just that I've always been a Skagit man. So, I was going to sell it, and even got a real nice offer, but honestly this San Juan has been growing on me.

I remember riding on Jim Just's San Juan back on Lake Whatcom, and how impressed I was with the ride. After looking at it for several months now I find that I really like it!

So, I was thinking... I have a whole garage full of boat parts that I was going to install in my Glasply anyway...

Need I say more?

Comment

Still Looking...

Those Evinrudes don't have tilt & trim. Darn it!

Comment

2005 90 etec

I will be listing my 20' Skagit in a couple weeks. I just had the shop print out the report on the motor. 209 hours. 59% of those hours were run at 500-1000 rpm. The motor is in beautiful shape. These motors sell for $11,000 installed. I am asking $7000 for package. I did list it for $6000 on craigs list a couple of weeks ago with no takers. I did not have the report than and am glad it did not sell for the $5000 I was willing to take at the time. It also has the last of the 7 year warrenty. I still have to find the original receipt to give an accurate time left. Boat. trailer, motor. $7000 John 425-418-9966

Comment

etec

Sounds like a great package John. Do you have any pictures you can post?

I would love to have the etec, but now that I've moved into the Dorsett camp the Skagit would need to go to someone other than me. I'm only allowed one boat anymore.

The market is incredibly soft as I'm sure you are discovering. If you would consider separating the motor and were able to take an offer, well maybe...

As it turns out I'm a bit strapped for cash these days. I do wish you much luck, and hope you get your price.

Comment

Can seperate

I am basicly selling the motor and throwing the boat/trailer in for free. If you only wanted the motor. $6000 is the magic number.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you John. Looks nice and is a good deal I'm sure, but unfortunately it is out of my price range.

Comment

Hey Doug,

You can put the 35 HP Monkery Ward on one side and the 45HP on the other and just ease back on the throttle a little. The price is right.
                            Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                            Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

That's funny Jack

Lol...

Comment

Working...
                              X