Wright Sportsman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wright Sportsman

Thought you guys might like to see my Long time project... Sorta been at rest in one corner of my shop (I get uneasy without at least one boat in there!). Got it painted last fall and haven't done much on it since. I need to figure out some sort of rub rail is the next thing, along with rigging the steering, motor,polishing trim, oh crum the list keeps getting longer. Special thanks to Chuck C. and Marty for hooking me up with the wind screen and gasket between the bow and plexy. Fit like it was made for it! ( with a little grinding and wrestling) The old windshield had seen much better days, and this one is sort of cool vintage looking.
    I had painted the hull all white and it was kind of plain looking so after much hand wringing and thought I splashed some blue down the sides and across the transom. From the rear it looks all blue, but from the front she looks mostly white. The blue color is from a 1963 Merc Marader that my grandfather had when I was a pup and I always felt like I was riding in a boat in it. Seemed right as this is a '63 as well. - Ross
    Attached Files
    Ross Henson

Isn't that the boat that was in the shop when you painted my Seafair 3 years ago? Better late than never. I like the blue and the paint scheme you came up with.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Hey Ross.
      Anyone tell you that you do good paint jobs :GoodJob:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks a lot, Helmar! Yes Steve,that is the same boat... I try to get a little done on it whenever I can but it seems get shuffled to the end of the to do list! Have you been able to find some water to put your Seafair in down there?
        Ross Henson

Comment

Ross, I was just rattling your cage. I've got more than one project that's been around for several years.

Lots of water down here for boating. We managed to get out to five of the lakes last summer. Still trying to get up to Lake Billy Chinook, aka Cove Palisades. Wickiup Reservoir is about thirty minutes away and one of the biggest lakes to boat on. Lots of good fishing also. :catchfish1: Here is a video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTn7bmk_Zis"]Wickiup Reservoir Trophy Brown Trout (segment 2) - YouTube[/ame]

We didn't do any fishing last year. You need to be a resident for six months before you can get a resident license in Oregon. I was born in this state, I'm an Oregon Veteran, I refused to pay their inflated price to fish.

You need to wander down this way some time. Lots of good places for boat chat. jibberjabber
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Working...
          X