1957 reinell is san fran/ bay area

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 reinell is san fran/ bay area

This would be a cool boat to redo!! cant be to many surviving?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/boa/2905612351.html

The splash well looks to be of the newer design on this boat. Can't tell from the pictures but looks like the rear seats are glass. Anyone have a handle on when this changed during the model run? What was the first year for the Jetabout? I have in my mind that 57 was the first year and 59-60 had the molded glass seats and different splash well but could easily be wrong.
    BRIAN FRANCHINI
    LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

Bigblackcat... I thought the same thing but when I had four of them in my back yard I began to think there are more that survived. This seems to one of the fin boats that comes up fairly regularly on Craigslist. Prices range from $250 to $2500 but have yet to see one really restored. Larry in California (I think) is working on one that should be a real head turner when done!
      BRIAN FRANCHINI
      LAKE TAPPS, WA.

Comment

I have one!!

I just bought a 58 Jetabout a couple weeks ago. The pictures of it are in the album section under the Mercury link. I paid $750 for her. I am stoked I found her in real good shape. It has the speedo on top of the dash. No back seats, which is good for the crabbing my wife and I plan on near Long Beach, Wa.

It has a later model, I think about a 1993 or so Mercury 25 hp. It would be great to find a period correct motor to go with it.

Comment

period correct 1958 motor

I just picked up a running 1958 Mercury 40hp Thunderbolt in St Helens, Oregon for Thom Adams Dr Frankenmerc. I got it on Friday. Short shaft, black. You might want to chat with him about it. I will copy him on this in an email.
          Bruce H. Drake
          1956 Bell Boy Express 21'
          1957 Norseman 19' woodie
          1961 Glasspar Seafair Phaeton 17'
          1957 Lyman Runabout 13' woodie

Comment

I believe my Jetabout is a 1957. It has a round splash well and open in the front. No rear seats, didnt look like it came with them. Tim M. redid the seats last summer (made a little rear bench seat for it. I have the fiberglass swivel front bucket seats it it. I think this is the early style?:Bigdriving1:
            Steve Fisher
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X