Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'59 Dorsett 19' San Juan (fixer) - $500 (NW Pierce County)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '59 Dorsett 19' San Juan (fixer) - $500 (NW Pierce County)

http://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/boa/2946778483.html

1st Year San Juan

I happen to know for a fact the owner of this boat would be willing to give the boat away to someone who was willing to do the restoration. No one wants to see this boat end up at the dump.

The boat floats great. That has to be worth something.

Comment

Me! Me!

Doug, let the owner :BigWink1: know I'll take it.

Comment

OK Tim, it's yours.

Do you have a trailer. The boat probably weighs around 1,200 lbs. We can drop it in a nearby lake and you retreive it and tow it home.

email me on the side

skagitman@comcast.net

Comment

San Juan Is Spoken For

Congratulations Tim. I hope it turns out to be a great vestment for you.

Comment

Thanks Doug!

Since this one doesn't need "everything" I should be able to actually get it in the water in a reasonable amount of time. I've spent months looking out my office window at the '59 Skagit 20' with no idea when I'll ever have the free time to restore it. Since the San Juan doesn't need hull / cabin fiberglass repair, a new transom, windows, paint, etc., it is a much more do-able project in the limited time I have.

And Cindy really likes the Dorsetts, she is as excited about this acquisition as I am. (Yes, I know I'm a lucky guy! VeryBigSmile)

Look for my upcoming ad for some free boats and trailers ...

Tim

Comment

Nice boat Tim, congratulations! That boat will be great for the sound and lakes. Beautiful lines. Can't wait to see it on the water.
              Kent & Diane
              '58 Westerner

Comment

Free boats?

Let's see what you have Tim.
                Steve Kiesel
                1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 21902
                  Free boats?

Let's see what you have Tim.
                  I have a '59 Skagit 20 Express, a '59 Skagit 14, a '56 Glaspar Del Mar and a '60 19' Bell Boy 404 Sedan Convertible to give away. All three come with trailers that are at least good enough to get you home, the trailers under the 14 and the Del Mar would be good long-term trailers after painting.

I'll post an ad with photos and more details in the next few days.

Tim

Comment

You have made a wise decision Tim.

I know exactly how long it takes to restore one that needs everything.

IT TAKES FOREVER! :shocked3:

However, the Bell Boy is moving to the new house in Kingston this Saturday and before long there will be a new shop to hold it.

More importantly it appears that after next May I may have 24 7 to work on it.:GoTeam1:

Leave a couple salmon in the sound for me, I'll be there someday!
                    Lovely La Rue and the Kingston Kid

Rhapsody - 2001 Classic Craft Gentleman's Racer (FOR SALE)
                    Lil' Red - 1957 Bell Boy Express 18 ft Cruiser (someday!)

Comment

Working...
                    X