Selling on Craigs List

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling on Craigs List

Still trying to sell my Glasply on Craig's List. I've had pretty good luck selling things on Craig's, but I'm running into some strange dudes trying to sell the Glasply.

One guy called me up and began giving me a hard time about what I was asking for the boat. He tried to a la carte the boat by telling me what every part of the boat was worth. Told him that the boat was worth more than the sum of the parts and he should compare it to a comparable, a SeaSport. I did some homework and know that the engine is worth half of what I'm asking for the boat. Sent him the pics which take 15 minutes to upload....not another word from the guy....

Then there are the tire kickers who get all excited and ask for pictures and make a date to come up and see the boat and then never show...don't hear another word from them. I've over 2000 hits on the current ad, but have had to make a stipulation that if they want more pictures, they have to agree to reply that they received the pics and offer some feedback on them.

A lot of tire-kickers out there....some of them need to get-a-life.....

One more thing...I'm experienceing problems with this site. I'm continually getting booted off and have to sign in again. What's the deal? What is the time frame?

McSkagit
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Ya well, I listed a set of twin 70's awhile back, I got a few calls, gave directions, nobody showed up..Then one morning I went down to the shop, and noticed that the cowling's were not sitting right, and found that someone had stolen both starters from both motors...I had them sitting outside still mounted to the donor boat...nice....

Comment

Wow! That sucks!
      Tim
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

McSkagit, Craigslist is a great resource. But there are a lot of strange people out there. Plus a lot of strange ads. I love the ones where the guy is selling a boat, but he forgets to take the tarp off for the photo. What's up with that?

I get a lot of responses to my ads asking for more info and pictures. I reply with more info and pictures, but never hear back. Not even a thank you, we're not interested.

Currently I have sent emails to two different sellers asking for more info. Still haven't heard back, it's been two days. The ad is still there, so I assume it's still available. Like above, oh well, that's Craigslist.

It used to bother me, not anymore though. I just keep at it until I run across one of the few people out there that have the courtesy to follow up on things.
        Steve Kiesel
        1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Yeah, craigslist is a weird experience. I've had people call me up and practically beg me not to sell it before they can get here and then ... nothing. And there's always the one guy who apparently just likes to call people and tell them why the item they're selling is worthless, without seeming interested in making any deal.

Of course I've gotten some really good deals from CL. Like a complete, quality oak dining set in excellent condition for $250.00!

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 2278

One more thing...I'm experienceing problems with this site. I'm continually getting booted off and have to sign in again. What's the deal? What is the time frame?

McSkagit
            Hi Tim.
            It a security thing that is built in, I think its 1/2 hour due to people leaving there systems on 24/7, makes it easy to hack the system.

It wasn't me man, it came that way
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 2308
              Hi Tim.
              It a security thing that is built in, I think its 1/2 hour due to people leaving there systems on 24/7, makes it easy to hack the system.

It wasn't me man, it came that way
              Joe,
              I've noticed that I often have to re-login after composing a post, and I don't type slow. I'll login, read some, compose a reply (a few minutes) and have to login again before it will post.

Tim

Comment

Tim, If i have a long posting i first go to Outlook Express and ( Create e-mail ) make up my post and then copy and paste it over to NWCBC . Best,Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Tim McCrain, post: 2310
                  Joe,
                  I've noticed that I often have to re-login after composing a post, and I don't type slow. I'll login, read some, compose a reply (a few minutes) and have to login again before it will post.

Tim
                  Hi Tim.

I will go into the system tonight and see if I can make the time out longer for folks.
                  Pretty sure default is 1/2 hour.
                  Once I find out for sure if it can be set to less, I will look at your profile goodies and make sure they are the same as others.

Off to work.
                  Today, I am a sheet rocker and electrician, tomorrow a cat skinner for most of the day and then a carpenter.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen
                  1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                  1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                  Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                  2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                  http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                  X