'64 650 4 cyl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '64 650 4 cyl

Hey all just got the 1964 Mercury 650 4cyl and came with a boat that i got, couple of questions, how do i remove the upper part of the engine cowl, also it did not come with a key, i read someone asking for a certain number on the key are all the merc control box use a limited number of keys, and if so how do i find out what key i need and approx what do they cost to replace vs replacing the ignition switch, i will have alot more questions but this will get the ball rolling

RE '64 650 4cyl

I apologize for coming to the discussion so late; been kinda "out of touch" for some time.

1) Cowling. Don't know but I'll take a look tomorrow.

2) keys: If you take the controls apart, there's a 3 digit number on the back of the switch. I may have your key (free if you pay postage from Salem, OR), or you can just go down to your Friendly Local Merc Dealer and tell them you need key # XXX. Should be a couple of bucks each (get a spare).
    "The beatings will continue until moral improves..."

Pat Drewery

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack, post: 23880
      I apologize for coming to the discussion so late; been kinda "out of touch" for some time.

1) Cowling. Don't know but I'll take a look tomorrow.

2) keys: If you take the controls apart, there's a 3 digit number on the back of the switch. I may have your key (free if you pay postage from Salem, OR), or you can just go down to your Friendly Local Merc Dealer and tell them you need key # XXX. Should be a couple of bucks each (get a spare).
      Good to have you back in here Pat.
      Things changed and I have not been able to make that trip down, Yet...:Skipper1:
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
      X