Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82 merc 50 HP long shaft

looking at this motor.
    Problem: sat outside for a yr, covered, by the beach in salt air. pivot point is stuck. shop says carb syncs=fuel problem. motor ran good. will still run, bogs down trying to accelerate. it will occasionally accelerate,fast,for a few saconds. has good spark, carbs are clean, new impeller. skag bent but no noticeable effect.

what would this be worth and or would it be worth buying or should I look for somthing else. I don't have much money, gee, that must be like all of us. lol.

oppinons please. thanks

Outlaw
    John & Colleen Weston
    Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
    lookin for the right boat

John, Get a boat first and as you are working on the boat other items will come up like motors,etc. Try to keep the dollars going one way into the boat first and then halfway along start looking for a motor. I would look at Dr Frankenmercs motors when the time comes. You know it will be good ! Chuck
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

yeah, I know. wanted to see what the deal was. he will probably keep it and use it for parts. I just always keep my eyes and ears open for a great deal. still waitlng to see what my sunroof is going to cost me. will get in touch with you soon.

John
      John & Colleen Weston
      Carlyon Beach, Olympia,WA
      lookin for the right boat

Comment

Working...
      X