• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 BellBoy 404 windshield resto article pt 2

Couldn't put all the files in one posting. Here is part 2

Bob
    Attached Files

Good info as always Bob. Thanks.

I'll be starting my engine restoration next weekend. Thanks again for those tips. I will post some before and after photos in a few weeks.

Really like the lines on your 404. Good looking boat.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

404 Windshield

Bob
      Very detailed and well written article on the windshield. It always amazes me how hard it is to get that material to bend in place cold. I use it for sidecar windshields and the bends are tighter but we only use 1/8th ".
      I'm considering putting one about half height of the one you did on the top of my Sedan. I want to do a canvas cover over the back but can't decide just how I want to do it. Your idea of making the windshield removable is a good one and I might go that way. It would give me standing room with it on but would be removable when needed. Experience tells me that having a windshield on top creates quite a bit of extra drag when heading into the wind or towing on the highway and I really like the look without it on mine with the longer cabin.
      Barry

Comment

Bob,
        Thanks for the article. I really enjoyed reading it and it gave me some good ideas. Nice job!!

Comment

Working...
        X