X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Videos of your boats in action

I whipped this up last night...

[media=youtube]k_VYXafewTw[/media]

A lot of the shots have my friend Ron, an outboard gearhead who did the majority of the work on the Bearcat.

Kinda corny but it was fun!

Hey, that is pretty slick for sure.
    I wish my boat would wind up like that and go that fast

BearCats Live again!!!
    Looks as it pushes you along pretty ok to me.
    The fact that you can troll behind it is pretty cool too.
    My friend in Gresham Oregon fish's with his all the time. Troll all day and then Hit It for home.

Pretty slick Kelly

I forgot to tell you. I had found one of those Uniflites down here maybe 10 year ago. Not sure were it went. It had a big V6 OMC fuel hog on the back.
    Want to know how much fuel you will use on one of those, its easy. Fill a 55 gallon drum up, poke a 3/8 hole in the bottom edge and watch the liquid run out.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The Bearcat sounds really good! You'll be amazed how little fuel you will use. Looks like it gets right up on plane like Joe's does. I know my aluminum Sylvan is a lot lighter, when Joe and I had a bit of race he was up on plane very quickly and had me by maybe 6 boat lengths. Once I hit plane we were about dead even on speed. I think my problem is the fuel tank and battery are under the splash well, too much weight in the back. It spends most it's time at idle trolling, it's nice to have just one engine on back that will move me at a good rate of speed yet troll down to 1 to 2 mph. I think your going to like yours the more you use it.
      Dick Johnson
      1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
      '57 Evinrude 18hp
      '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
      '72 Johnson 6hp
      '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
      '65 Homelite 55
      '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
      '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Kinda corny but it was fun![/quote]

Kelly, Corny ?? Nothing corny about that ! !
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Kelly, what pitch prop are you using? I've got a 12 on mine and I gave Joe a 12 for his. I ran a 10, 11, and the 12 which gives me 5400 rpm at full throttle. Not sure if Joe has working tach to check his although I think I gave him one.
          Dick Johnson
          1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
          '57 Evinrude 18hp
          '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
          '72 Johnson 6hp
          '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
          '65 Homelite 55
          '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
          '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Thanks guys..
            I'm currently running an 11 pitch prop. Tomorrow if the weather holds, I'll take my son out and we'll test out the 12 and see how it does. I haven't put a tach on yet but I'll temp install one to see what kind of wind up I'm getting with both props. Ideally I'd like to find a set of Bearcat gauges but for right now I have an Airguide speedo only.

Comment

I tested the 12 pitch prop yesterday...it seemed as though the Bearcat was too loaded with the 12 and I didn't have as much throttle response as with the 11. Probably the biggest difference between the Helmar's boat and my boat, he was hauling more stuff I'm sure. I have the bare essentials in the boat during testing so aside from two bodies, it's the minimum mandatory equipment in the boat plus a trolling motor in the cabin just in case.

I ended up putting the 11 back on. Maybe one day Helmar and I can shoot from the hole at the same time and see how each reacts with the different props.

Comment

Cool video! I like the editing. The music....ah....I kept waiting for the Irish step dancers to come dancing out of the water. Thanks for posting.....
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Working...
                X