Wow, look at the new Echo by Garmin.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, look at the new Echo by Garmin.

Boy, Greg, your going to like this for sure.
    Garmin has this new Echo Vu system out that the sonar is really tight so it shows a lot of detail.

Dave, you going like that too. Is more like a Scanner now were you would be able to cross over something and be able to see detail.

Huh.....Wonder what it would be like Sturgeon fishing...

Guys got to see this...
    If this link does not work, Google Garmin Echo Vu

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cOnT...NVU_01-p1.html
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Wow, I wonder if you can see were your bait is.
    Greg James

Comment

My father just installed the raymarine version in a customer's boat. He said the detail is such that you can actually make out shipwrecks on the bottom!!! But the whole system is quite expensive!
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Garmin does have some excellent technology.

Technically, Garman appears to be on a par with some of the best Systems like Raytheon and others of similar ilk. Those displays are similar to what I have on my integrated bridge systems.

Garman offers a wide number of available transducers ranging in price from 100 or so dollars to those of more than $1000. Some of those require drilling holes in the bottom of the boat and proper installation. I wasn't prepared to do that so I opted for a relatively inexpensive transom mount. I can upgrade that if the results are not satisfactory with what I have.

I believe that those highly sensitive DF units will add significantly to the boating experience especially if you are a fisherman and can literally see the fish in the water. This is a similar system to those enormously expensive ones used by commercial fisherman in large trawlers and gill netters.

Like Helmar, I would be interested in seeing photographs of the unit in action if that can be arranged.

Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
        16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
        17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

Comment

What happen to the days where you threw your rope ( oops your line) over and waited till something jerk on the stick ( pole ) ? Gee i would think this would take all of the fun out of fishing ?
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Those days are GONE, Chuck. And so are most of the fish.

I have a similar unit going on the 404, a Lowrance Elite 7DX. I'll try to remember to snap some shots of it in action this weekend or in the coming weeks.
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Really cool for shallow water/lake fishing. I imagine though, in most cases, if you look over the side of the boat, you'll see the same thing.

Comment

Working...
              X