Here Comes The Sun !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Comes The Sun !

Well at least thru Friday if we are lucky !....Humm. It would be nice if it lasted thru Sat for Opening Day.
    Attached Files
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

I know that the opening day for some of us is old school, but if we get enough new members that would like to do that event, might be worth someone stepping up the plate and being the coordinator for it.
    I had a lot of fun the first time but after that, it was just bobbing around waiting for the run though the cut. Of course, we were always the last group through so most of the hog line was all drunked up.
    I don't know if they can even drink on the boats like that anymore as they state has figured out they can suck more revenue in buy making it a DUI, or is that BUI, Boating While Intoxicated ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Joe, Did you see my new Avatar picture. There's a story behind that. Click on it and you will see what i'am talking about ! ....i think ?

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 27841, member: 6
        Joe, Did you see my new Avatar picture. There's a story behind that. Click on it and you will see what i'am talking about ! ....i think ?
        I did and it opened up the profile. I did see the Skagit sweat shirt
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 27842, member: 59
          I did and it opened up the profile. I did see the Skagit sweat shirt
          Yep on that ....but there is a little more in that picture, but lets keep that between you and me for now....

Comment

Ugh. Don't talk about opening day! I was So planning on having the 404 ready but with the accident it just isn't going to happen. I have been making progress, but not enough.... Late June and I should be good to go for the season. Sigh...
            John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
            Past Affairs:
            '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Chuck, you must be talking about the weed eater...hmmm? Ha!
              Looks like fresh paint on the bottom of that boat!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27851, member: 2323
                Chuck, you must be talking about the weed eater...hmmm? Ha! Nope

Looks like fresh paint bottom of that boat! [COLOR=rgb(255, 0, 0)]Nope[/COLOR]

Going to try to start painting tomorrow getting the first coat on with the nice weather thru more or less Friday. Have friends from out of town arriving Friday and staying thru the weekend so that might mess up my schedule some. I have one little place to finish sanding that should take about 10 minutes.

Comment

ah, you're masking it off for paint! ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27862, member: 2323
                    ah, you're masking it off for paint! ?
                    U got it ! Kelly , You win the door prize of one slightly used "stiff" paint brush.

Comment

It's the first time in a long time I won anything, so I'll take it!

Comment

I just saw the pic you added in...that's exciting to see!

Oh hey, Mike Pingatore sent me some pics of a boat just like yours...same paint scheme that was on yours when you first got it. I'll post it up soon in the sightings section.

Comment

If you have paper on the windows you are close! Take advantage of the warm weather these next few days and get it done!
                          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                          Past Affairs:
                          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze, post: 27881, member: 339
                            If you have paper on the windows you are close! Take advantage of the warm weather these next few days and get it done!
                            I did remember today from the past ,i will have to be out there at about 8AM to do the cabin top as it really starts to warm up with that thick tarp right over a person head.The hull and deck is a lot easier to do in the afternoon. The temps get to about 15-20 degrees higher in the shelter during the day. Today it was a busy day at work so i got a late start around 4pm and now it is 8:30pm. All of the sanding ,taping,etc is completely done !

Comment

You're an animal Chuck! Can't way to see the next few pics!

Comment

Working...
                              X