1957 Bell Boy Express Cruiser 16

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Bell Boy Express Cruiser 16

This may have been posted on here before, but if not here is the link: http://www.fiberglassics.com/glassif...7-bellboy.html
    Andrew Murchie

19XX Uniflite ??Runabout 17??
    1967 Johnson Golden Meteor V100

I have one of those too. This one needs Everything from stringers up.
    $100 bucks.
    [ATTACH]15672[/ATTACH]
    Attached Files
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Those are cool looking boats. I'd like to see one either with a hardtop or full canvas.

Comment

Helmar, or do you prefer Joe? That is one boat that is surely needing a little bit of TLC, you weren't kidding when you said she "needs everything". She sure is a good looking boat and I kind of wish she was sitting at my shop, so I could really look her over. How much do you want for the trailer too? Since, I would have to haul her 2,175 miles, to get her here.
        Andrew Murchie

19XX Uniflite ??Runabout 17??
        1967 Johnson Golden Meteor V100

Comment

Well, my name is Helmar Joseph Johanesen. Depend on you, the name Helmar not everyone likes. Me, makes no difference but will answer to Helmar first.
          That trailer is I believe a TeeNee trailer. The trailer does not come with the boat for a hundred bucks.

That would be one hell of a trip for sure. I am not sure what trailer is under it.
          I have five good trailers out of the bunch that could make that trip.
          I have others, couple of free boats.
          17 ft Skagit Express that had a OMC I/O in it. Needs all the wood and glass replaced. Well, needs everything but comes with Glass Stringers, be heavy ones too.
          All the other boats in the picture are now gone and have been replaced by others.
          [ATTACH]15679[/ATTACH]
          The Dorsett Catalina, needs it all. Has a big frozen Merc that comes with it.
          [ATTACH]15678[/ATTACH]
          [ATTACH]15676[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]15677[/ATTACH]
          Attached Files
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Man Helmar if i didn't have too many boats already... I'd be after that Skagit. I like that color combo.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express, post: 27897, member: 942
              Man Helmar if i didn't have too many boats already... I'd be after that Skagit. I like that color combo.
              Right now that one is free but once the storage arrangements change, she will be a keeper again.
              The plan is to find a donor boat (ugly 70's 80's trihull) with a OMC I/O 4 cylinder engine.
              Most of what I see are not fresh water cooled but would look for one of those for this area..

Looking close to that picture, there are some boards that have been glassed to the chine edges of that boat. George Calkins (used to work next to George and would Love listening to his stories at lunch time) used to put those on his Bartender boats, one to help them get lift and plane but, also was told it helped stop the porpoising that the boat would do about 40mph.

I have all the boat and even the hatch cover that is not in the picture.

I know this is not the place to put this in the posting but I just had a funny feeling come over me.
              With the economy in the tank like it is, will any of us be around to teach the trade on how to restore these old girls. I mean, most of us guys are all broken down and retiring so who is going to teach this.
              I would Sure like to find someone willing to learn, a shop to do it in and go after my Dorsett Catalina.
              I feel that is the best riding boat ( other than the Glasspar. I got one of those just because of the ride but like the Dorsett cabin lines better) that you can get.
              With my back being toast, I keep thinking I would last longer being able to ride in it.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hey ! Hey ! ....Joe, You said " most of us guys are all broken down and retiring" ! ! ( just giving you a bad time ) Not me ! I must say i'am starting to slow down after only 3-4 hours working on the boat after each session. Before i could go for about 6 hours. But that's life as i still like to see the end result after all of those hours thank god. I know you do too. Job wise , i will keep working until that day comes. Chuck
                1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

As I said before, I'm always willing to learn!
                  I'm with Nick on the Skagit, cool boat and Great color combo. Hmmm... color change?

Comment

Helmar what's the story with that other Skagit in the pic on the far right...similar to the one black and blue one above.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 27909, member: 2323
                      Helmar what's the story with that other Skagit in the pic on the far right...similar to the one black and blue one above.
                      That was one of Marty's boats that went to Charley.......Charley.....Rats....Forgot his last name.

I have a new line up. Just took some pictures of it today. Once I process them I will update it.
                      Still have two boats in Sandy Oregon and the Uniflite down in Eugene.
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, Charley John.He storied it in my shelter while he had that windshield installed. I think they live in Arkansas now.
                        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

We aren't ALL older guys. Well, not as much older. I'm only 45, started on the 404 when I was 41!!!!! And don't forget, this attraction to vintage boats is a growing hobby area.
                          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                          Past Affairs:
                          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                          X