Opening Day ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening Day ?

Brian or anyone else, How did opening day go.
    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Chuck, opening day went great! ACBS took 3rd in the spirit decorated class (always a tough one as NWCBC discovered over the years). We had 7 people on our boat, all dressed as rubber duckies and I dressed at Ernie with a giant Ernie head that one crew member made from scratch Friday night! It rained almost the entire day but that's normal...

We did have a few minutes of excitement when our towline for the innertube got wrapped up in the prop just as ACBS was headed into the cut. I had to strip down and jump in with only a pocket knife and a pair of goggles to cut and unwrap 3+ feet of Amstel that had wrapped so tight the motor stalled!!! I was able to get it freed and radio for permission from parade director to catch up to our club, fast enough they only had to hold one boat back for a few seconds... Thank god ACBS had over 17 boats to buy me some time...

Here is the only photo we've been able to find so far... Seattle yacht club has their photos on lock down this year and only club members get to see them.

Found more photos (stolen from friend's on Facebook)
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Great pics Brian, I wish we would've went.

Comment

Brian, Glad you had a good time and a good turn out with ACBS ! That part of you saying about jumping in the lake with a knife to free your prop remained me of Tarzan except i think he always had the knife in his mouth. Amstel ? ? is that not beer ? Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Good catch Chuck. That was supposed to be Amsteel as in the rope that is stronger per pound than steel cable. But my iPhone autocorrected it to Amstel cause it thinks I drink a lot of beer while boating...
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Working...
          X