Seeking Info on rare Aqualine Boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Info on rare Aqualine Boat

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. I was hoping to find information on a recent purchase of mine. I have a 1956 Aqualine runabout all Aluminum boat in great condition (may not have ever seen water). I found this in a garage! Doing some research I found that a company called Aqualine Boat Corporation in Delaware manufactured this boat. There was an ad in Popular Science (1956) for a couple months that mentions it.
    My question is: Has anyone seen or heard of this manufacturer? What may have happened to this company? Anyone know of another Aqualine boat? I'm wondering if I have a one-of-a-kind. Of course, the company may have went out of business because all the boats sank, just wondering. Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum first thing
    Pictures do wonders and we do have some of the boys that have seen allot over the years so its possible.
    Do need some pictures so hope you have or can get some soon to share.

I would have to say, yes on some of the almost one of a kind boats. Skagit boats for instance, factory burned down in 1961 (for insurance purposes I wonder??) and some of those boats even ended up in Australia so your Aqualine could be in places you might never think possible.

So fare, I got Aluminum but not length, cuddy cabin or open..Need more info and

Might try Fiberglassics as Kelly at one time was advertising that he wanted any and all information on trailer boats. They have a pretty good list of manufactures.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Ah yes, it is a 14 ft open boat. I will post some pictures of it tomorrow. She has a 18 hp Evinrude motor. I am excited to learn as much as I can about this. It makes for a fun project!

Comment

Fiberglassics only has Aqua Line and Aqua Queen in the library.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

The Aqualine name is now being used by an aluminum boat builder in New Zealand (wierdly their boats look very similar to the ones I was designing at Aluminum Chambered Boats back in 2007).
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I saw that, it looks like that company started after 1988 according to the website. Wish I were in New Zealand! I emailed the president of the Philadelphia Chapter Antique and Classic Boats Society to see if they could offer any information. I figured the close proximaty to the Delaware company would be my best bet. I'll keep you posted if they find anything

Comment

I am looking thru the Chris-Craft.org library, they claim to have the most extensive historical record of classic boats available (mostly Chris-Craft and Garwood but still searching).
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Very Nice Score !!!!
                That has to be the Cadillac of Aluminum boats.
                I have not seen Any Aluminum boat that nice..
                My only experance with them is not to let water get into the seams and freeze is all.

Like you said, looks in Very good shape too...Again, Good Score
                Helmar Joe Johanesen
                1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 28169, member: 59
                  Very Nice Score !!!!
                  That has to be the Cadillac of Aluminum boats.
                  I have not seen Any Aluminum boat that nice..
                  My only experance with them is not to let water get into the seams and freeze is all.

Like you said, looks in Very good shape too...Again, Good Score
                  Thanks Helmar!! That is exactly how I found it a couple weeks ago. I haven't even cleaned it yet (not that it needs much). I plan on taking this long weekend to see if the motor works. The guy who owned it also owned a bunch of service stations in the area and took very good care of his "toys". I picked up a 1957 Plymouth Savoy also in great condition and the thing started right up! I believe he did everything needed to store this engine long term, I guess I will see this weekend...

Comment

WOW! That is one cool boat and in amazing condition. What a great bay boat. Good find for sure. Whether you find anything about the manufacturer or not, it is a beauty.

One thing that might work, but would take some leg work, is to look online for advertisements for it. I found Bell Boy adverts via Google Play, via google search, that were scans of a 1959 Popular Boating magazine. There were TONS of advertisements in there. Once I realized this, I looked on eBay and found 2 different magazines from '59. They are on their way now.
                    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                    Past Affairs:
                    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Working...
                    X