Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need a head count please. Please scroll back to the top of this
    Click on Events.
    Click on the right arrow to move to the month of September.
    Click on the 13th and lets us know if your coming or not please.

I need to give Ingvar a heads up for the amount of people coming to this event.
    Or...http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...mason-event.9/
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

This is actually a private ACBS/car club event (spectators are welcome but particpation is RSVP only) so Ingvar (and I) have received approval to invite all of NWCBC but due to the private park access and catered lunch we need a final head count so that the hosts can plan food/beverage quantities, and parking plan for all the cars and boat trailers.

Both Ingvar and I have been working to get these two groups back together and this presents a great opportunity for us to show everyone we are a fun, friendly, active group of classic boaters. Though this is technically advertised as boat/car show, there will be no judging and everyone is free to come and go from the dock/beach at any time. Boat rides are highly reccomended!!
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

My operation dates have been change three times and now they say maybe 9/10 ,so i really don't know if i will be there or not on the 13th. So i might just show up if i can with a brown bag. Starting to wonder if i will ever be out on the water again. Anyone want to buy a boat ? Chuck
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 29128, member: 40
          This is actually a private ACBS/car club event (spectators are welcome but particpation is RSVP only) so Ingvar (and I) have received approval to invite all of NWCBC but due to the private park access and catered lunch we need a final head count so that the hosts can plan food/beverage quantities, and parking plan for all the cars and boat trailers.

Both Ingvar and I have been working to get these two groups back together and this presents a great opportunity for us to show everyone we are a fun, friendly, active group of classic boaters. Though this is technically advertised as boat/car show, there will be no judging and everyone is free to come and go from the dock/beach at any time. Boat rides are highly reccomended!!
          I also got a personal club invitation that I did not post, sorry.
          Just so everyone knows, we also have the north end of the lake for overflow or, just launch there if you feel like you need too.
          Remember everyone, we just want to go boating and have a good time.
          This is simple, if you do not RSVP, then bring your own lunch.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Chelan, post: 29106, member: 183
            Chuck,

Hopefully we all can get something put together yet this season. Allan & Sue
            [ATTACH]16590[/ATTACH]

Allan & Sue, It would be nice ! Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 29130, member: 6
              Things have change as far as me saying i will be there.My operation dates have been change twice ,so i really don't know if i will be there or not at this time. So i will just show up if the doctors allow me too and bring my brown bag. Starting to wonder if i will ever be out on the water again this year. Chuck
              It would be nice for all of us to get together as its been awhile for sure.
              Hope to see you Chuck. I might not have my boat ready (has not ran in two years, have hornets and wasps nests in it)
              John Nelson will be showing up too.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Bring the uni! I'll help you clean it! We need a photo shoot of the 3 of our boats together!

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 29131, member: 59
                  Remember everyone, we just want to go boating and have a good time.
                  This is simple, if you do not RSVP, then bring your own lunch.
                  Helmar, you are correct. The RSVP is only required for folks who want to partake in the catered lunch. Otherwise just bring your own food and beverages. There is typically a lot of open beach space at the Simpson park (now under new ownership but I don't know what it's called) the ACBS folks tend to claim the limited dock space very early but there will be at least one space left open at all times for loading and unloading passengers.

Personally, I like beaching our boat anyway cause then I don't have to deal with fenders and don't really have to worry about boat wakes smashing me into the dock.
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29137, member: 2323
                    Bring the uni! I'll help you clean it! We need a photo shoot of the 3 of our boats together!
                    I will get some bee spray and try to kill them off.
                    Get some gas into the carbs.
                    Change the lower unit and try to fire her up.
                    If I can get that much done, then I will try to bring her.
                    I did Not use the mag wheel spray on the brass so everything is tarnished.

If I can get her to fire up, I will bring her. No tags on her either.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Awesome! I hope you're making headway on her!

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29181, member: 2323
                        Awesome! I hope you're making headway on her!
                        Working on it. Got fuel to the carbs and tried to turn the motor to access the carbs and found the steering is frozen. This one has the rack and pinion Teleflex.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

My operation dates have been change three times and now they say maybe 9/10 ,so i really don't know if i will be there or not on the 13th. So i might just show up if i can with a brown bag. Starting to wonder if i will ever be out on the water again. Anyone want to buy a boat ? Huh ? Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 29204, member: 6
                            My operation dates have been change three times and now they say maybe 9/10 ,so i really don't know if i will be there or not on the 13th. So i might just show up if i can with a brown bag. Starting to wonder if i will ever be out on the water again. Anyone want to buy a boat ? Huh ? Chuck
                            Don't be giving up yet Chuck. You have to enjoy all that hard work.
                            My operation is more of what they call a procedure now. I can be in and out in one day. Doped to the gills but out.
                            I did way to much today and paying for it now but I think I have my steering cable freed up enough to use it. The climbing in and out of the boat and in that small cabin is what gets me.
                            I drilled a hole in the end as to let some good penetrating oil down in it, so I am hoping its freed up even more.

I am not too keen about all the dock space being used up at Mason. I can beach my boat but I can't go over the bow to get in and out of the thing. Even with a ladder it might not happen but willing to give it a try.

Hope to see you there Chuck.!!
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Joe, I know what you mean. The last couple of times I was at Mason I beached my boat because of the lack of dock space which was o.k. except for people not paying attention to there wake and causing big problems with the boats on the beach. This event sounds like it is going to be a good one but I won't show up mainly because I don't want to beach my boat and the expense (9mpg). I am limiting my self to two big exspence events per year, San Juans and Priest Lake.
                              Greg James

Comment

Joe and Greg, I know after talking with the ACBS folks there are people from that club that are concerned about having dock access (mostly for boat rides) so they are going to try to maintain at least one or two spots just for loading and unloading passengers. Perhaps you could pull up there, you get off and one of us "strong backs" can carefully park and retrieve your boat for you...
                                Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                                X