No announcement yet.

Mason in September

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Count me in for helping out if you guys need it. Greg I was hoping to see your boat at Mason! Next time...
    Chuck, man I've been wondering where you were and if you were ok. If I can help you out in any way, call me! I mean it!

Comment

Helmar don't run yourself in the ground for a boat! Take it easy, there's still time. If nothing else, drag up here a day or two early and I'll help you finish it. You can stay with your family in Lacey, I'm just across town.

Comment

[ATTACH]16609[/ATTACH] Kelly, Thanks for the offer ! Yea i 'am getting tired waiting for my blood to get thin enough to go have the old heart zapped. I go twice a week as it is now. My next visit to the doctor is the 10th to see if it is a go or no go. Today after work Sheila was gone so i was up on the roof cleaning it off of the moss and needles. It did feel kind of good but i have to wait to finish about a 1/4 of it tomorrow. Got to tired. Guess who came home early from the store. O Boy ! Every so offen i go into the shelter and speak sweet nothings to her....the boat that is. The boat is fine as it is just sitting there covered up.
        Attached Files
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hey guys.
          Chuck. I know those heart problems too well. I was almost a solid they said
          It changed allot but the thing that is getting me is my damn back. They killed off three nerves so far and thinking they can kill a few more around the lower part of my spine.
          It looks like we might have plenty of help unloading and docking if we need it. Remember when we were helping the old guys launch and load I think that is us now

I got One more boat I want to do if I can. (Dreaming, I would like to start a school to teach some of the young kids the trade. I ran into a little girl (( high school)) that was learning to be a mechanic. I talked to her for almost a hour about my past as a mechanic. Her eyes just got big and round while she asked questions and listened.)

I need to try that steering one more time as juiced it up one more time in hopes it will free up enough to use.

Thanks for the help guys. I will throw in a small ladder too but now thinking, my Bearcat needs to be raised up for beaching and she is the manual kind. Got to lift her yourself.....Just might let the boys do that for me too....
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks Brian for offering the help. I don't need any help getting on or off or pulling my engine but it would be nice if somebody would post an address or use the forums events calendar so we can get directions. It's not likely that I will attend but these days I don't commit to anything until the last minute. The Mason event has always been a lot of fun and I always enjoy seeing the woodies so I might show up.
            Greg James

Comment

Greg I am posting some more event details here and on the events calendar...

For your GPS, Green Diamond RecreationPark is located at 500 E Mason Lake Dr W Grapeview WA 98546.

There is no gas on the lake. Closest fuel is Belfair/Shelton.

The official schedule for the day is as follows:

9:00 – Simpson Gate opens

9:00 to 10:30 - Launch boats, set up trailer display boats and classic cars.

10:30 to 11:30 - Boat rides at launch dock – tour classic cars.

11:30 to 12:15 – Boats parade around the lake.

12:30 to 1:30 – Lunch for boat participants and families provided by PNW Chapter. Burger or Brat, potato salad, chips, cookies, pop

1:45 to 2:45 - Poker Run – prizes, no entry fee. Brian Franchini has put together another good one!

1:45 to 2:45 - Boat rides at launch dock - for those who don’t want to do the Poker Run.

3:15 to 4:00 – Close event with a run around the lake.
              Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
              1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

How did you come up with that? Did you GPS that to make sure it works. I had asked them some time ago for a address to the old Simpson park but they were not able to come with one.
                I had asked about a Mail box just before or around that south end and told them I could even use that but, never heard back from them again.

The park is right at the South end of the lake so if all else fails, use a compass.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Quote from Joe.
                  Remember when we were helping the old guys launch and load I think that is us now

...Joe that is not us now.All we have had is a minor set back in life after never having any health problems all of our life's...that all. No sweat ! ! Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar, post: 29222, member: 59
                    How did you come up with that? Did you GPS that to make sure it works. I had asked them some time ago for a address to the old Simpson park but they were not able to come with one.
                    I had asked about a Mail box just before or around that south end and told them I could even use that but, never heard back from them again.

The park is right at the South end of the lake so if all else fails, use a compass.
                    That is the address the ACBS hosting member sent out to the club... I don't know if it works or not yet but he lives on (or darn near close to) the lake, so I believe he has good information..

Just punched it into my IPhone maps and it seems correct enough to get you near the park. Hopefully the new ownership has invested in some signage to help find the entrance...
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

[ATTACH]16612[/ATTACH]
                      Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 29223, member: 6
                      Quote from Joe.
                      Remember when we were helping the old guys launch and load I think that is us now

...Joe that is not us now.All we have had is a minor set back in life after never having any health problems all of our life's...that all. No sweat ! ! Chuck
                      Well, if they say you are only as old as you feel, then I am in real trouble today. BUT, gaining ground.
                      I seen were I broke a Ubolt on the trailer tower and the boat was bouncing up and down rubbing on the spare, got that fixed. Redone the rubber stop for the bow.
                      Steering was toast so a friend of mine ordered a new rack and pinion for me (Super Sporster) as he was holding a few bucks for me on a sale some time ago. (I just never stopped by and picked it up)
                      So anyway, three to 4 days, it should be here.

I do have a horn for her this time too. I will take the Fire Truck siren off (sounds just like the police cars, LOUD). Or maybe not......

Going to take the Van in tomorrow and see if they can fix the exhaust leak, if so, I will tow up with it like the last Mason event.
                      Attached Files
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hey i have a nice horn...Loud ! Chuck

Comment

Nice combo !

Comment

Another offer here guys...if you get stranded in-tow and need help I have AAA that can at least get your tow vehicle to help (I don't have the trailer package for AAA yet). Send me a message for my number if you want it as I don't generally post it on any forums.

Comment

My wife has a work related event (reunion) but if it rains then it will be cancelled since it is an outdoor event and I can make the run over to Mason. How does that rain dance go again?

Comment

Being i have only been out a few times like back in the spring with Greg James on Lake Union at Ivar's , Lake Stevens around the first of July testing the boat & motor and to the LaConner show in August and now here we are in September, i'am going to see about putting off the doctor thing if he saids on the 10th i have a "go" later in the week to the following week. Today i went and put in only 8 gal in one of the 12 gal tanks as i don't want to pump out a bunch of gas later on. Also went to Les Schwab being one of the trailers wheels was kind of bouncing up and down on the way up the freeway to LaConner last month.The trailer has mobile home axle's...you can not balance them with weights ...only loosen the "wedge" bolts and realign them. I was told at Les Schwab this trailer will hold a total weight of 9000lb ! at 100 lbs of air in each of the four tire's ! They have what they call "low boys" tires, but they are still 15" wheels ! Each tires saids they can be inflated to 100 lb each. Les Schwab only put in 60 lb's each being i'am no way near that weight.
                                Ingvar, My plan is to be at Mason Lake Saturday with another person with me in my boat for the BBQ as well !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X