Mason in September

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave,

Please see my earlier post (back on page 2 of this thread) that provides the closest address available, and event schedule.
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

For those of you still on the fence about coming or who have indicated that you don't want to partake in the catered lunch...

Please understand that this not a NWCBC event (we have had a club event on Mason Lake in years past but no one from our club is involved in the planning or organizing of the event this year) this is an ACBS sponsored event that we have been invited to participate in, as guests.

Ingvar and I have been communicating with the ACBS event coordinator such that they are planning food quantities and their, very limited, dock space around several members of NWCBC being at the event.

Because we have been invited to participate, as guests, in an event that is being held on private property. The courteous thing to do is to RSVP. We need, at a minimum, if you intend on coming, and weather you want to have catered lunch.

If you don't want to hassle with the crowded launch within the park, you are welcome to launch at the north end and cruise over. However, if you have not/do not RSVP then we cannot promise you access to the park. Most likely it wouldn't be an issue, but again, this is on private property that ACBS has rented for the day.
      Brian Flaherty

Comment

So far I have RSVPs from the following:

Kelly +2
        Joe (Helmar)
        Chuck +1
        John Nelson
        Dave
        Alan & Sue?

I vaguely remember seeing something in another thread about Alan & Sue coming or not coming but now I can't find it... Anyone know for sure?
        Brian Flaherty

Comment

It looks like a no go Brian ! Went to the Doctor this am and was told that it would not be a good idea healthwise for me to be driving/towing a boat 2 1/2 + hours each way. There is always next year.
          1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
          1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 29341, member: 40

Kelly +2
            Joe (Helmar)
            Chuck +1
            John Nelson
            Dave
            Alan & Sue?

I vaguely remember seeing something in another thread about Alan & Sue coming or not coming but now I can't find it... Anyone know for sure?
            Put me down for 2 people please Brian.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Kelly +2
              Joe (Helmar)
              Chuck +1
              John Nelson
              Dave
              Alan & Sue?

Kelly +2
              Joe (Helmar)
              Chuck +1
              John Nelson
              Dave
              Alan & Sue?

I will be there with my 59 Glasscraft
              17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
              18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
              19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
              25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
              14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
              14' Stilleto

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy, post: 29344, member: 6
                It looks like a no go Brian ! Went to the Doctor this am and was told that it would not be a good idea healthwise for me to be driving/towing a boat 2 1/2 + hours each way. There is always next year.
                Sorry to hear that chuck. It's always great to see you and your boat would definitely be an attention grabber for the show. If it all goes well hopefully next year we can make this an official ACBS/NWCBC sponsored event!!
                Brian Flaherty

Comment

Chuck, are there any other options? Maybe your son could drive/tow you guys down? My wife can drop me off and I could do the driving? My father-in-law is always willing to help me with anything, he could drive..
                  As you can see, we want you guys there! Your health is certainly more important than a boating event though and our thoughts are with you and your wife.

Comment

Brian, I didn't see if it was posted but do we need to bring cash for the event?

Comment

ACBS notifications have not stated anything about cash so I believe it is being covered by club funds. I am planning to bring a little just in case ($20 is the typical meal cost).
                      Brian Flaherty

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 29355, member: 40
                        ACBS notifications have not stated anything about cash so I believe it is being covered by club funds. I am planning to bring a little just in case ($20 is the typical meal cost).
                        Brian
                        I plan on being there , but I will pass on the food

Thanks
                        Karl
                        17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                        18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                        19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                        25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                        14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                        14' Stilleto

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29352, member: 2323
                          Chuck, are there any other options? Maybe your son could drive/tow you guys down? My wife can drop me off and I could do the driving? My father-in-law is always willing to help me with anything, he could drive..
                          As you can see, we want you guys there! Your health is certainly more important than a boating event though and our thoughts are with you and your wife.

Kelly i will call you later this evening. Two of my sons ( Dan the one that usually come's with me boating) are going to the Mariners game Sat and the other son is at his Los Angeles home this week. That is the one that is here every other weekend.....long story. The main concern was he did not want me driving alone and then boating. That really nice of you to offer. Man ! this really makes a person feel like a old person, which i don't usually feel that way. Will call you tonight.Chuck

Comment

Chuck, you can always carpool with one of us and hitch a boat ride once your there. Heck, I'll even let you drive the boat!!
                            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty, post: 29358, member: 40
                              Chuck, you can always carpool with one of us and hitch a boat ride once your there. Heck, I'll even let you drive the boat!!

Brian & Kelly, Thanks for the offers. Very kind of you ! I have decided to come anyway with the boat as it might be the last event of the season. Mason has always been a fun place to come in the past ! Brian could you put me down for the lunch as i sure i will need that. Thanks again, Chuck

Comment

Chuck, great conversation earlier this evening. Glad you're southbound and down on Saturday! You'll get the club spirit award for sure!

Comment

Working...
                                X