Mason in September

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29395, member: 2323
    you guys are hardcore! see you in 12 hrs! safe travels...
    We had a Great time. It was nice seeing old friends and meeting some new
    We got up and left at 3am. Came to the event, left and had supper at Rib Eye one I-5 at mile marker 72, gassed up again and headed south. I got my second wind so we rolled in at 3am again which made it a long day for sure, but it was More than Worth it.

Thank you ACBS for having us join in on the fun, I hope we can do this again.!!
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Brian, Is there a ACBS event at Chelan on Oct. 4-5. I might be in the neighborhood and I thought it would be fun to take a look.
      Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 29597, member: 58
        Brian, Is there a ACBS event at Chelan on Oct. 4-5. I might be in the neighborhood and I thought it would be fun to take a look.
        Yarp! That is Mahogany & Merlot. See http://www.mahoganyandmerlot.com/

Vintage hydros, car show, swap meet, and the biggest boat show in Washington! We will be there with our boat, with a name finally tagged on the transom...

You should come by and if you're going to have the boat, there is still time to register... Or just swing in and say hello!

Parents, Michele, Declan and I are all headed over Thursday so that we can explore the lake Friday. Probably not gonna make it to Stehekin with a toddler but will be running around the south half for sure.
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Thanks Brian, I am thinking about launching in Chelan on Sat. mourning and exploring that end of the lake. If I do I will hunt you down. I might launch at 24 mi. and go down to Chelan and than up to Stehekin. After Chelan I might head up to Priest to visit friends. This is all dependent on the weather. Were is a good place to launch in Chelan?
          Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 29604, member: 58
            Thanks Brian, I am thinking about launching in Chelan on Sat. mourning and exploring that end of the lake. If I do I will hunt you down. I might launch at 24 mi. and go down to Chelan and than up to Stehekin. After Chelan I might head up to Priest to visit friends. This is all dependent on the weather. Were is a good place to launch in Chelan?
            I would suggest looking the event site provided above. The big public ramp in town will be closed due to that being the hydro pits for the weekend. I like the idea of launching at 25 mile and motoring down. That way if its too crazy you can get away from it all... Only downside is that once the hydros are running no pleasure boats will be allowed to go by the race course. So you may get stuck north or south of the course for a few hours.
            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Brian, After reading there web page that is exactly what I decided to do. If I decide to go I will go to 24 mi. on Fri. a.m., camp Fri. and Sat. night.. I might leave Sat. night and head east. Thank you very much for your help.
              Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ, post: 29607, member: 58
                Brian, After reading there web page that is exactly what I decided to do. If I decide to go I will go to 24 mi. on Fri. a.m., camp Fri. and Sat. night.. I might leave Sat. night and head east. Thank you very much for your help.
                Well if you decide to go let me know. I am positive that the little marina at 24 (or is it 25) mile campground is definitely on our list of spots to go asy parents have never been there.
                Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                X