Forced to remove boats from storage.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forced to remove boats from storage.

Seems as the X wants the boats removed or will cost me to take them to the smasher.
    So, I will come up with the pictures asap.
    59 Bell Boy 16ft cuddy cabin with no trailer, needs everything. Free
    61 Dorsett Catalina, 17 ft, trailer not in good shape, needs everything. Free
    58 Skagit 17 ft express, needs everything, get home trailer, had OMC I/O inboard/outboard. Free
    59 Skagit Sportster 14ft needs steering and minor work, trailer not in good shape, Free

59 Skagit 16 ft Skimaster with hard top on good trailer, no motor, fiberglass stringers, needs patch in floor, has two small cracks in windshield, need cleaned back up again.
    While this ad is up, I am going to ask $750 for now. The price will go up if I find storage for her.
    Once I clean her, replace the floor, add a motor, $1900.
    I have three 50hp Merc that one will be overhauled and go on it.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Bummer! I'd take you up on one, but don't have room. Hopefully you can find a home for these beauties. Chuck, you should get one. You have all sorts of room now
    John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
    Past Affairs:
    '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Joe, I wish i could tell you that i would take one , but i think i better be satisfied with what i have. Not that i'am not. Chuck
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by .Chuck, you should get one. :) You have all sorts of room now ;)[/quote

John, Space? Not really as i still have the Dorsett in the back of the shelter so GregS could work on it this fall and maybe winter. I have about four things i still need to complete on the Skagit.
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

The X ? I must be out of the loop!?
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Sorry to hear they all have to go... I hope they go to a good home and not the smasher!

Comment

Maybe this might solve my little dilemma... PM sent
              Lyle
              "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
              The Dorsett
              Photos:
              1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Helmar I am sorry to see your collection get split up. Any chance you could spare the port cabin window frame. I am still looking for the outside aluminum frame for my 1961 catalina thanks! Matt

Comment

Helmar, I could use some parts from the dorsett and/or the whole boat if it comes to that. Sorry to hear that you're in a bind on these boats.
                  Mike

Comment

Joe (Helmar) Sorry to hear of your dilemma. I've got no room (sort of Skagited out as they say)
                    I've been in your situation.....it's tough! I'm down in South Bend for a couple weeks every month, so if I can be of any assistance, just say the word..... I'm not just throwing words around...I mean it..... Wishing your the best, Joe!

Tim
                    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Helmar, is the Catalina trailer towable ? And my next question would be what area are the boats located?
                      Lyle
                      "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
                      The Dorsett
                      Photos:
                      1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle, post: 29268, member: 2441
                        Helmar, is the Catalina trailer towable ? And my next question would be what area are the boats located?
                        Not sure on that one. I think its the one I jacked up and spun the wheel and could here the growling.
                        Its in Quilcene Washington, 20 mins from the Kingston Ferry.
                        I will try and find a current picture to see if that is the trailer I remember.
                        Last time I was allowed on the property was middle of last March so I don't know what I am going to find for sure when I get there. I have been told nothing had been touched in the lower boat parking area.
                        If that has the grease caps on it, just bring a grease gun and stop and check the hubs. If they are starting to over heat, stop. I have recovered many that way.
                        Pretty sure I have the title for both the boat and trailer.
                        The Skagit has no title and it came from Marty when I was able to be a Park and Hide.
                        The trailer that is under it has a title.

If I have to leave them behind, she might answer Marty's email and they still "might" be saved but the boats were always a problem.
                        She convinced the Judge that all of it was trash and the removal cost was supposed to be costing her $2000 dollars for clean up. I had different piles of recyclable stuff, Iron, Tin and Aluminum.
                        I guess I will just leave this above as I deleted the long whine. This is not the place.......
                        Sorry guys, but I feel that most of you are like family to me and share my passion of trying to save these old girls. Once they are all gone, that's it. No one builds boats like this any longer. Not even close, not as safe either. I just hate to see them go to the smasher
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Hi, Joe,
                          I'm sorry that you have to do all this.....
                          If you need to part with your Mercs, Jay is still interested and will scamper to retrieve them. One he got from Marty is at the good Dr. Frankenmerc's right now. It should be pushing his '59 Stagstad soon!
                          Ken

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones, post: 29194, member: 28
                            Joe (Helmar) Sorry to hear of your dilemma. I've got no room (sort of Skagited out as they say)
                            I've been in your situation.....it's tough! I'm down in South Bend for a couple weeks every month, so if I can be of any assistance, just say the word..... I'm not just throwing words around...I mean it..... Wishing your the best, Joe!

Tim
                            Thanks Tim.
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Originally posted by Ken, post: 29314, member: 78
                              Hi, Joe,
                              I'm sorry that you have to do all this.....
                              If you need to part with your Mercs, Jay is still interested and will scamper to retrieve them. One he got from Marty is at the good Dr. Frankenmerc's right now. It should be pushing his '59 Stagstad soon!
                              Ken
                              Thanks and I will keep that in mind but the Son that is going to help in the removal, they were given to him as he has one with a bad lower bearing. He plans on having them in Sandy Or.
                              He knows of a merc fellow in Salem.
                              I would suspect he will part them out but will sure keep you posted.

At one time Dr Frankenmerc offered $300 for those pair just for the parts so he knows those motors.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X