No announcement yet.

1960 Lee Craft Runabout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a 1961 16 as the other day and ran cross another Lee craft that is a parts boat bought it also for a few pieces I had missing let be know if you need any trim items.

Comment

Update: Sorry for falling off the face of the earth... the move took up a ton of time and I am still working on the old house. I know know I was trying to nail a meet and greet down but I think I failed miserably on that.

Once the Dorsett got parked in the garage, The Lee Craft Hull is parked in a corner of the yard.

There is a lot of creative engineering to do on the Lee Craft and there is less work on the Dorsett...

Originally posted by farmerboy View Post
      I bought a 1961 16 as the other day and ran cross another Lee craft that is a parts boat bought it also for a few pieces I had missing let be know if you need any trim items.
      You should post some photos and introduce yourself to the Club...
      Lyle
      "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
      The Dorsett
      Photos:
      1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Not sure what to say I live in southern Alberta. I have always loved water sailing was my thing. Decided to try the power boating when I saw the old Lee craft. Not sure how to post pictures here. How I came upon the other boat I went to the local dealer to see if by chance he had a tack that might fit and low and behold there was another Lee craft sitting in the corner of his yard. This one is a seventeen foot Viking. In tough shape. The roof is made out of a truck topper. It was repainted with seventies sparkles Which is coming off. So I think I am going to take that one apart and keep all the trim and fairleeds etc. Wondering about adding the horns and a few other things to mine but I maybe should leave mine stock. Thinking that over. So I will have extra stuff if you need it to complete yours. This Viking has a 120 up mercury inboard that I will take out not sure what for bit before I dump the hull why not. The spotlight is mounted through the front running lights. Kind of cool looking setup. I have found about a dozen different boats pictured on the internet and no two of them have the same hardware on them.

Comment

This is how you post pictures. The first thing of course is to Reply to a thread or Create a new thread.
          The quickest way is to click on this Icon.
          Thread.jpg
          This window will open for you.
          Icon.jpg
          Click on the little icon and this windows should open for you.

Browsewindow.jpg
          Now you can choose were to get your picture from. Me, I keep them on my computer so I click on From Computer

Click on the Browse and you can choose pictures you have saved on your computer.
          Once you have picked a picture, Upload the pictures....You can do as many as 20 pictures.

IF, the picture is too large, you have to make it smaller.
          Doing that is different on most computers so I can't help there but most camera's come with some sort of managing software.
          A hint might be that most of those software programs is Sizing pictures to make them smaller might be Sizing them for a Email message.

Hope this helps.
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X