Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any updates to this project??

Comment

• Everything marine has been on hold and kept dry for a while since we moved to Spokane. My Dad became ill and passed in April 2018. I've been busy sorting through the incredible amount of "treasure" that he inherited from my late elder brother back in 2016 and passed on to me. Hoarders.

I set up a bit of a machine shop in the basement and have been preparing a decently equipped work area in the back yard where I'll finish the Skagit project up, starting in the Spring.

I just hauled it down to the local marine dealer this last week for an appraisal, needed for the screwy title transfer. $500. That's OK.

I've decided to scrap the Alaskan Bulkhead cabin and go with an original type curved windshield and an arched "mini-tower" of sorts, over the cockpit, with canvas in between and to the stern, optionally. That will support the electronic gadgets and save some weight.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your father. Glad to know you're still around and continuing with the Skagit build.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skagit Hideaway View Post
          Everything marine has been on hold and kept dry for a while since we moved to Spokane. My Dad became ill and passed in April 2018. I've been busy sorting through the incredible amount of "treasure" that he inherited from my late elder brother back in 2016 and passed on to me. Hoarders.

I set up a bit of a machine shop in the basement and have been preparing a decently equipped work area in the back yard where I'll finish the Skagit project up, starting in the Spring.

I just hauled it down to the local marine dealer this last week for an appraisal, needed for the screwy title transfer. $500. That's OK.

I've decided to scrap the Alaskan Bulkhead cabin and go with an original type curved windshield and an arched "mini-tower" of sorts, over the cockpit, with canvas in between and to the stern, optionally. That will support the electronic gadgets and save some weight.
          I know Hording.....I need to start letting stuff go here too.
          Mine has the hard top and I just used canvas that I can roll up or take down. Works well for me. 1959skagitoffshore.jpg

Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
          X