No announcement yet.

Skagit 25 FOR SALE

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good call Brian on the trailer. I wasn't thinking big enough.
    I'm always willing to troll craigslist to help out. .. it's almost a hobby in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl, post: 29703, member: 54
      My wife Jody and I purchased Arthur from Robert last weekend. Robert took great care of the boat as it is in fantastic shape. Some of you may know that I bought the other 25' Express from Marty a couple of years ago. It has been cleaned up and waiting for a couple of home projects to get finished before reconstruction started. I was just talking with Jody about my firsts steps when I saw Roberts post. I couldn't pass it up.
      So, now I have two 25' Skagit Expresses. Anyone want to guess which one I would like to part with? If you are interested, please contact me and I will make you a killer deal (as in Jody will kill me).
      And finally, I now need to get Arthur up to Shelton. Does anyone have any leads on a trailer that would be able to carry a 24/25' inboard?
      Karl-
      That's really great news, having a committed Skagit/NWCBC member getting such a unique Skagit model, especially with the plan of trailering it. Maybe some events ? Cool, was watching Arthur when Robert bought it, beautiful boat !
      bruceb

Comment

Cat is out of the bag, Karl and Jody are the new keepers of Arthur (I hope they keep the name.)

Glad he is going to a good home and I hope he makes it back to La Connor someday.

I am searching craigslist in Portland for a trailer for Karl. I will relinguish my "Skagit 25" name to Karl if he would like. Otherwise, I will keep it so that I can watch Karl's and Arthur's new advantures.
        Robert Augur

Comment

Originally posted by skagit 25, post: 29742, member: 47
          Cat is out of the bag, Karl and Jody are the new keepers of Arthur (I hope they keep the name.)

Glad he is going to a good home and I hope he makes it back to La Connor someday.

I am searching craigslist in Portland for a trailer for Karl. I will relinguish my "Skagit 25" name to Karl if he would like. Otherwise, I will keep it so that I can watch Karl's and Arthur's new advantures.
          Robert, even if you relinquish your screen name, you are more than welcome to stick around and watch the adventures!! I have been disappointed that both my earlier boats went to folks who had no interest in a "boat club".. It is always nice to see what people do with your boat, well most of the time...
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Karl, there is an ACBS member who still has the big triple axle trailer my father used, he actually keeps it as a borrow/rental trailer just for situations like this. When he arrives in Chelan for the weekend I will have a chat to see what his availability looks like. He isn't going to sell it but it would be an easy way to get the boat home and then take your time finding the perfect trailer for be perfect price!
            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Not sure what you're looking to spend, but I'm pretty sure this is stout enough

https://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/bod/4698147432.html

Comment

thats a monster

Comment

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4701050436.html

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly, post: 29821, member: 2323
                    Now that's a good find! Could be adapted easily to Arthur's weight balance.
                    Brian Flaherty

Comment

Thanks, I will check on it. What do you mean by saying it could be adapted to the weight balance? Also, do rollers make a difference vs bunks? Arthur has a rudder the drops 15" below the hull. Can this trailer be modified for this?
                      17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
                      18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
                      19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
                      25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
                      14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
                      14' Stilleto

Comment

A 15 inch drop is quite a bit. Modifying any trailer to accommodate it is possible, but you have to be careful as you will be raising bunks or rollers, and thereby raising the center of gravity. Any chance of cutting it and putting a pivot on it?
                        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
                        Past Affairs:
                        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

The trailer above appears to have been setup for a stern drive style boat with the majority of the weight all the way is at the transom. Arthur is an inboard so the motor weight is more toward center so the axle would most likely need to be shifted forward and the roller supports moved or extended to be under the motor weight. The it looks like this style trailer would clear the rudder and shaft but, like mentioned above, 15" is a rather deep rudder...
                          Brian Flaherty

Comment

Does anyone have experience with Karavan Trailers?
                            14' Stilleto

Comment

Also, for a boat this big. Can I get away with a standard winch or do I need an electric one?
                              14' Stilleto

Comment

Working...
                              X