Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210

Hi Everyone,

I posted in the New Users section and thought I would post some pics of our recent acquisition. The original owner of our boat was a man who was a local oil tycoon, here in San Angelo, TX. He bought the boat, when he was 61 and kept it at his lake house, on Lake Buchanan. I met his granddaughter on Facebook and she told me that he was a very meticulous man, who always kept everything he owned in perfect shape; it shows in this boat, because everything that's wrong with it is a direct result of the kid from whom I got it.

This morning I sanded the spare wheel, painted it with Duplicolor wheel paint and mounted a new 6.50-10 10-ply tire on it. For those of you who have tried to find this rare size, I located an online shop that sells them, as well as the inner tubes: http://shop.gearworkstireandwheel.com/main.sc Joe, the owner of the store, was very helpful and got me the tires in just under a week. While they are not shown on his site, he does sell them. They're made by Galaxy. Duro, by the way, no longer imports the HF219 6.50-10 to the USA.

Here are some pics of our boat.
    Attached Files
    Frederic
    Retired Army Guy
    1969 Evinrude Rogue II 210
    1960 Mercury Sabre

Welcome to the group. Nice find for sure. Boy, they sure put beefy trailers under them. Have fun next summer.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_Kiesel, post: 29928, member: 9
      Welcome to the group. Nice find for sure. Boy, they sure put beefy trailers under them. Have fun next summer.
      Yeah that trailer is no joke. It is solid I-beam construction. I was lucky enough to find NOS reflectors and lights for it. The disc brakes were completely redone; because the trailer and boat were in climate controlled storage for 20 years, the brake fluid had congealed. I had to get a new master cylinder which, by the way, is the exact same master cylinder as a 1965 Jeep CJ-5, and I also had to get new hoses custom made. The calipers are Kelsey Hayes H2–800, which is what was used on 1960s funny cars. A set of new O-rings on the caliper pistons, and they were good to go.
      Frederic
      Retired Army Guy
      1960 Mercury Sabre

Comment

I don't recall ever seeing one of these Evinrude boats, pretty cool.
        Now I know of two as I just stumbled upon this one on CL:
        https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4704084446.html

Comment

I've seen that Sportsman 155. It is very nice and well worth the money he's asking. I hope he gets it.
          Last edited by Frederic Lynes; 10-24-2014, 02:55 PM.
          Frederic
          Retired Army Guy
          1960 Mercury Sabre

Comment

Working...
          X