No announcement yet.

Planning and Event Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mike & Judy, thank you very much for the hospitality and great conversations. Having a place like you have and to open it up for the club (and feed us!!!) was above expectations! You guys are awesome and I hope to see you out on the water with us regardless of which boat you're in

Chuck, Tim, Helmar and Cindy, Greg, Bruce, Karl, Allan & Sue and John it was great to see you all again...or meet you for the first time. I cannot express enough how cool it is to talk classic boats with others that have a passion for it. You all are truly dedicated to preserving and enjoying these crazy "plastic" boats! Hats off to you.

I'm always up for an impromptu outing if any of you need/want another boat or person to join you guys.

Comment

Kelly, thanks for being there and thanks for the pictures.
      Greg James

Comment

Yes, I had a great time at the meeting. Thanks all for the great conversations and love of old boats!
        Attached Files
        17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
        18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
        19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
        25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
        14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
        14' Stilleto

Comment

Thanks everyone for showing up. Good meeting.
          Made it back to Veneta Oregon 10:15pm. Tired and heading to bed.
          Will get into the forum in the morning
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Thanks to Helmar for spearheading this meeting and taking the helm of the club. Attending this meeting gave me a new and better perspective of the scope and dedication necessary to pull all this together. Thanks also to Mike and Judy for hosting the meeting. Really like your "Summer House"! Good to see all the old (figuratively speaking) faces and new ones too. Stopped in Anacortes for some food and a beer and caught the eight o'clock ferry back, arriving home at 10:15. Checked the Saratogan and everything just as I left it. Time to get some ZZZZ's.......

Cheers,

Tim
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Joe, Thanks for everything you have done for the club. I know it has not been a piece of cake ! Great to see everyone. Thanks,Again. Chuck
              1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
              1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
                Joe, Thanks for everything you have done for the club. I know it has not been a piece of cake ! Great to see everyone. Thanks,Again. Chuck
                Chuck, Great to see you and see that you are still hitting on all cylinders. Hope your procedure goes off without a hitch. Will be thinking of you.......

Cheers,

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                  Chuck, Great to see you and see that you are still hitting on all cylinders. Hope your procedure goes off without a hitch. Will be thinking of you.......

Cheers,

Tim
                  Thanks and Chuck, I am not much of a prayer person but I will sure hunt one up. They have really advanced over the years and you will feel SO much better.
                  I know several people that had things like that done and glad they did too.
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Picture 003.jpgTim, Thanks...yea i'am still hanging on ! There's she sits till who knows when.

Hey Joe , At this stage i will take any kind of prayers ! ! lol Yea i'am really not to excited about this thing but it has to be done. It has been on my mind 24-7 for the last 2-3 weeks. It was nice to come to the meeting instead just watching some dumb movies on the weekend as i could not do anything.I have moved my office upstairs to the dinning room so i don't have to go down the stairs for a while.Went out in the shelter and check the boat out today under it's boat cover with the fans in there moving the air around.Will not be able to do that for i think a while again. Have to be at the hospital at 5:15 am Monday. Will be checking out the club news on my Iphone when i know i'am still in this world LOL ! I have to have another operation in about a month or so for the doctors to fix the another little problem. They found out i have to have a operation on the Aorta as i have only 10% blood circulation in my right leg and only 30% in the left. Man , I have really turn out to be a mess. I have never has any medical crap like this going on in my life till this year ! Will be checking in when i can ! Thanks for the encouragement from everyone. Chuck
                    1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                    1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Hang in there. You'll be feeling better in no time.
                      1959 Skagit 20 Offshore inboard

Mike and Judy Kronick

Comment

Anyone heard from Chuck, how he is doing?

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
                          Anyone heard from Chuck, how he is doing?
                          Nothing yet but its still early I think.

Greg James is the closest one to him. No idea on how to get a hold of Sheila so maybe Greg can ask ??
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I just left a message for Sheila. I was thinking of calling Chucks cell but I would probably never here the end of it. I will let everybody know as soon as I hear from Sheila.
                            Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
                              I just left a message for Sheila. I was thinking of calling Chucks cell but I would probably never here the end of it. I will let everybody know as soon as I hear from Sheila.
                              Thanks Greg. I am sure when she has good news, she will call.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X