Pictures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
    So, for you, Standard Editor shows you everything you need, Great.....I am using the Enhanced Full WYSIWYG Editing (top one, What you see is what you get)

Things will be getting more settled down as we go. Stuff's getting better
    Is there any way on your end set up the accounts default to Standard Editor? Mine was set to Basic and I did not change anything until I was able to figure this out, must have came this way(?). If the icons would appear above the Quick Reply I think it would be more helpful to those with marginal computer skills like me.
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sportster View Post
      Is there any way on your end set up the accounts default to Standard Editor? Mine was set to Basic and I did not change anything until I was able to figure this out, must have came this way(?). If the icons would appear above the Quick Reply I think it would be more helpful to those with marginal computer skills like me.
      Yes and if that fixes stuff for folks, damn tooten. I will go look to see if I can find that and change it to Standard Editor.
      I use the Enhanced one WYSIWYG and that works pretty ok for me. (What You See Is What You Get)

Ok, found the one place and changed it but I think there is one more place, not sure.
      I now each and every registered member can go change that to what works for them.
      Once logged in, next to the Log out area you will see Profile and Settings. Click on Settings and then look for General Settings.
      Scroll down (page down) and you should see.

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
      • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
      • Basic Editor - A simple text box
      • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Anyone, One more try.....No problems doing test posting like this, but is there any new idea's on pictures posting. Where can a person set up a location setting like Tim and a few others did. Every time i see a person saying how he or she has figured out how to post pictures i get my hopes up and then ...it will not work for me.That was half the fun with the club showing what progress you have done on restoring a person boat.
        1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
        1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Skagitguy View Post
          Anyone, One more try.....No problems doing test posting like this, but is there any new idea's on pictures posting. Where can a person set up a location setting like Tim and a few others did. Every time i see a person saying how he or she has figured out how to post pictures i get my hopes up and then ...it will not work for me.That was half the fun with the club showing what progress you have done on restoring a person boat.
          Hey Chuck.
          Just got home from being up in Sandy all day loading and moving my shop stuff. I will be busy all day tomorrow but first chance I get, I will call you and try to walk you though screen for screen as at this point, it has to be a setting on your computer now.

Just to get up to date, can you go though this whole post and try to make sure your settings are like suggested.
          One thing that has me worried is what browser you are using to access the Internet with and how old it might be.

Do this for me. Start your browser and get to the Internet. Then check your browser's information by looking for its Help section and then looking for its About section.
          That would tell me what browser you are using and the date of it.
          If need be, I can walk you though that too.

Just remember, you have to be my eyes and hands on the keyboard. No pushing buttons unless I get to see what you pushed (wink wink )
          Helmar Joe Johanesen
          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

It's not his computer or his browser from what I can tell. See this post from the other thread:

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
            I'm conflicted where this should go since the 'picture' thread is pretty full, however this is relevant to both threads so I'll point the other thread this way...

Anyway, tonight I was able to log in as Skagitguy (thanks Chuck) and see what he is seeing with regards to posting pictures and other issues I noted while logged in as him.
            First problem, when I attempted to upload a picture under his profile he gets this message:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12600[/ATTACH]
            Next I attempted to upload his avatar but noted there was no size limit associated under the 'choose file to upload' area:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12601[/ATTACH]
            On my own settings page I see this:
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]12602[/ATTACH]

Ed is this something you can fix? It's outta my league...
            This is still relevant. I tried once again last night to get Chuck's account to post pictures. Something is wrong with his account to keep getting messages such as the first pic in this post. I updated his settings and can see all the thread editor options, but it consistently states he's exceeded file size. I'm still looking for a fix Chuck, don't give up on us.
            Last edited by Kelly; 11-09-2014, 05:42 AM.

Comment

It's not his computer or his browser from what I can tell. See this post from the other thread:

This is still relevant. I tried once again last night to get Chuck's account to post pictures. Something is wrong with his account to keep getting messages such as the first pic in this post. I updated his settings and can see all the thread editor options, but it consistently states he's exceeded file size. I'm still looking for a fix Chuck, don't give up on us.

After thinking about it overnight , i'am going hang off for about two more weeks when i will have another computer before wasting anyone (more ) time. Even if by chance that is not my computer i might wait till the other one arrives.Sorry i should have thought of that.

Comment

There was a limit set in the system as to how much space Supporting Members can use. That's just part of the import process. I removed it. You should have no problems now.

Comment

Just tried to use the URL for pictures and it says the image is to large. So is this one to big to post:

http://home.comcast.net/~273cl72//pw...sc01069(1).jpg
                  Dick Johnson
                  '57 Evinrude 18hp
                  '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                  '72 Johnson 6hp
                  '65 Homelite 55
                  '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                  '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sportster View Post
                    Just tried to use the URL for pictures and it says the image is to large. So is this one to big to post:

http://home.comcast.net/~273cl72//pw...sc01069(1).jpg
                    O.K. I just increased the maximum size allowed for all image types. I do think the default sizes are pretty restrictive in 2014.

That means if there are people using dial-up the site is likely to get slower. Let's see if we start getting complaints from that end.

Comment

Thanks Ed, I'll try to attach again. Looks like I've been successful!

Dsc01069(1).jpg
                      Dick Johnson
                      '57 Evinrude 18hp
                      '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                      '72 Johnson 6hp
                      '65 Homelite 55
                      '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                      '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Next question, I see some pictures as thumbnails like mine and others full size, I'm assuming it has to do with my setup controls on my end, is that correct?
                        Dick Johnson
                        '57 Evinrude 18hp
                        '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                        '72 Johnson 6hp
                        '65 Homelite 55
                        '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                        '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12607[/ATTACH]

after double-clicking the image to resize photo... a good option to know.
                          try this ^^^
                          when you're in the editing field/reply section, double-click the photo to resize it.

read here:
                          http://www.classicboatclub.com/conte...loading-Images
                          Last edited by Kelly; 11-09-2014, 05:09 PM.

Comment

2014-09-13 12.09.45.jpgBainbridge090ChuckFarallonRunning.jpg

This is a test from Kelly...Chuck it looks as though you're now good to go!!!!!

Comment

Alright another mystery solved!!! Thanks Ed for figuring this one out, I was stumped on the size limit issue. If anyone else is seeing error messages of any kind please let us know.

Comment

DSC_0022.jpgKelly, Thanks for your help ! I know i can be a pain at times. Today i will spend sometime downsizing / enlargement of pictures. Thanks, again,Chuck
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X