This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Look - Post your issues here

Up front: I like the new forum. There are some tweaks we need to make but we're getting there and we'll get there sooner rather than later. Ed Brown is close to the software so we have somebody in the club with a solid knowledge base for the program and willing to fix what needs fixing.

Ed, Joe and myself are the Administrators for the forum and ask for your patience as we move the new forum along in the right direction. With that, we also need your help. Please use this thread to help us identify any issues you are having in the event somebody else is having the same issue. This will help everyone see what the fix is given by an administrator and hopefully mitigate multiple threads in multiple places with members having the same issue.

Thanks!

I will attempt to make this more visible to people as so far, most people are figuring things out, But, we need this.
    Thanks for putting this up Kelly.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

What size should I make my profile picture so it will display properly? Thanks.
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

It gets resized, but I would recommend 80 pixels, 120, or 160 maximum- width or height.

Comment

I posted this in the "picture" thread that Chuck started, but I'll re-state it here:
          Originally posted by Kelly View Post
          Try this...
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]12573[/ATTACH]

This is how I uploaded my avatar, hopefully that works for you...let us know if not.

Comment

The biggest problem I have is when people are kind enough to try to explain a lot of this they get a little to computer nerdy for some of us that don't live our lives around our computers. Like, what the hell is an avatar? I don't ever expect to be able to post pictures. I think I'm doing pretty good in just being able to post anything. I really appreciate you guys that work so hard to keep this Web going but please realize that some of us are computer illiterate so the simpler you explain things the better. Thanks man.
            Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
              The biggest problem I have is when people are kind enough to try to explain a lot of this they get a little to computer nerdy for some of us that don't live our lives around our computers. Like, what the hell is an avatar? I don't ever expect to be able to post pictures. I think I'm doing pretty good in just being able to post anything. I really appreciate you guys that work so hard to keep this Web going but please realize that some of us are computer illiterate so the simpler you explain things the better. Thanks man.
              Thank you for speaking up.

Is this less confusing? http://www.classicboatclub.com/conte...ofile-Pictures

Comment

Ed, What is this....Huh ?

vBulletin Message

Skagitguy, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
                1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
                1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                  I posted this in the "picture" thread that Chuck started, but I'll re-state it here:
                  I was able to use this procedure to help me out, thanks Kelly!
                  Last edited by Capt Caveman; 11-02-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

How do I display the thread with the most recent post at the bottom?

Comment

Nice work Capt!
                      As far as displaying the thread in an order that makes sense (most recent at the bottom) you can change that in the settings page, "general settings"...about half way down you'll see a drop-down menu about how to display the thread. Select "oldest at the top" and voila! Let me know if that doesn't work.

Comment

I think the last post in the thread should be the first one you see.
                        I will put that down on my notes of stuff to fix.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

I think leaving it up to the individual is the best way to go. I prefer the last post to be, well, last. I like reading in an order that makes sense to me...like a book.

Comment

When I read a book I do like to start at the beginning, but not every time I open it. I'd rather pick up where I left off. So, I would prefer to start with messages I haven't read yet. If it has to be the beginning or the end, I would rather it be then last one that I see first.

Comment

This is why the option for your own preference does exist under the general settings page. Opinions will vary along with preferences.
                              Last edited by Kelly; 11-03-2014, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X