I Need to hear from you !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need to hear from you !!!!

Ok, first off. There are NO dumb questions (unless you have been told the answer more than three times )

I can see that some of you have been on line but have not posted anything.

IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS, I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU !!!!!
    My email address is Helmar@classicboatclub.com, OR send me a Private Message.

To send me a Private Message.
    To use the PM (Private Message) look at Any of my postings that I have made. When you see my name above my picture (Called a Avatar) just click on my name.
    A small window will pop open
    In that window you should see Private Message. Click on that.
    Use anything for the title ie. Problems or having problems.
    In the body of the text area, let me know what you are having problems with.

Any details and I mean ANY details will help.

We are working on getting the new forum to operate like the old one did for posting and pictures. Any help on your end with issues you might be having help us.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

You know, its gets pretty frustrating to dump all this time into this damn thing and when I ask for help, I get squat. (Other than Kelly and Ed, thanks you guys)
    No emails, no questions, just I can't, I can't...........
    20 people looked at this post and not a damn word.

So guess what, You help Me, I help you, or go figure it out on your own. I'm getting tired of trying to please everyone all the time.

Allan, Thank you. I see you figured it out and are trying to help others.....The way it's Supposed to be on here. Some of you others got it, thank you too.

I will probably cool off after awhile and who knows, might even delete this if no reply's, but right now, pretty fed up, I don't need this.
    Don't call me and complain.

HELMAR
    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Whoa Joe calm down, I'm sure questions will come. You want specifics and I for one will provide you with them when I have the time to do so. I've been trying to work through the problems I'm having without bugging you and complaining or whining. Yes I will agree with those that this one is more challenging than other forums and it will take time to figure out and debug. I will tell you this and I don't expect you to act like right now as I don't have the specifics for you yet but the picture attachment is a problem for me so far and I can usually figure this crap out. I've been reading others suggestions and directions trying to work through it but so far haven't had any luck. So I'm not whining or bitching and those that are need to step back and provide the most information they possibly can.
      Dick Johnson
      1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
      '57 Evinrude 18hp
      '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
      '72 Johnson 6hp
      '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
      '65 Homelite 55
      '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
      '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Here's what I tried to do:

testing attachment, not able to add an attachment I get this:

"Manage Attachments
        Upload Errors

DSC01255.JPG - Exceeds your quota by 282.6 KB. Click here to view your attachments

Sum of all attachments owned by Super Sportster: 4.99 MB

Current Attachment Total: 4.99 MB
        Upload Files from your Computer"

So I don't see the picture frame attachment icon in Quick reply, I do find the browse and upload in advanced which is how I tried to attach the picture. Picture is 56KB
        I still need to read though the #29 post and let it soak in to see if I can figure this out. Just tried to attach photo again with same result.
        Attached Files
        Dick Johnson
        '57 Evinrude 18hp
        '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
        '72 Johnson 6hp
        '65 Homelite 55
        '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
        '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Questions to the group:

I've written a couple articles. See http://content.php

1) Are these useful?
          2) Are they useful enough that I should set this as the home page?
          3) What could I do to make them more useful?
          4) What other subjects would be helpful?

Comment

Sorry Joe, I'm just not seeing the icon except when I go to post #29. Trying to help.
            Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by edbrown View Post
              Questions to the group:

I've written a couple articles. See http://content.php

1) Are these useful?
              2) Are they useful enough that I should set this as the home page?
              3) What could I do to make them more useful?
              4) What other subjects would be helpful?
              Thank you. I just kicked that up to 50 megs for supporting members.

Comment

Ed, On the previous web it said " supporting member" under my name. Now it says "member" which means I'm not a supporting member. Am I limited on what I can do on this web? As a member maybe I am not allowed to post picture?
                Greg James

Comment

Originally posted by GregJ View Post
                  Ed, On the previous web it said " supporting member" under my name. Now it says "member" which means I'm not a supporting member. Am I limited on what I can do on this web? As a member maybe I am not allowed to post picture?
                  You are a supporting member. Thank you.

Comment

First and foremost, this is a forum to discuss classic boats...let's remember that. I'd hate to see people leave the board because they can't post a picture. We'll get it figured out, there just might be some anomalies out there that are yet to be discovered. We'll fix 'em as we find them.
                    Helmar I'd have to agree with Dick and say that some people are just working through it on their own or waiting on us to find a solid solution.
                    Right now it seems as though guys like Greg and Chuck are having unique issues that aren't cross-cutting to everyone. We as admin need to target these guys and find a solution. Chuck told me about his message he received stating the same thing Dick posted with regards to posting pictures..."exceeds size..yadda yadda" these specific messages are what we need to focus on and find a solution for.
                    Last edited by Kelly; 11-04-2014, 08:42 PM.

Comment

I can't..............think of anything to post right now, nor have I any new pictures at the moment. No problems doing any of that with the new software. Keep up the good work!

Comment

I have stalled on my progress due to other house projects and have no photos. Unless you want to see photos of my honey doo's?

No complaints from me yet
                        Last edited by Lyle; 11-05-2014, 12:20 AM.
                        Lyle
                        "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
                        The Dorsett
                        Photos:
                        1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
                          First and foremost, this is a forum to discuss classic boats...let's remember that. I'd hate to see people leave the board because they can't post a picture. We'll get it figured out, there just might be some anomalies out there that are yet to be discovered. We'll fix 'em as we find them.
                          Helmar I'd have to agree with Dick and say that some people are just working through it on their own or waiting on us to find a solid solution.
                          Right now it seems as though guys like Greg and Chuck are having unique issues that aren't cross-cutting to everyone. We as admin need to target these guys and find a solution. Chuck told me about his message he received stating the same thing Dick posted with regards to posting pictures..."exceeds size..yadda yadda" these specific messages are what we need to focus on and find a solution for.
                          Yee-haw I now have been able to post a picture! Popped one into my problem post. I'm thinking it was Ed's solution adding more room(?) Yes Kelly just trying to work through it but really have not had this much trouble with a forum to date. I'm not whining just stating a fact. So it appears my problem may be somewhat resolved maybe Chuck's is also. Still not seeing an attachment icon on the Quick Reply
                          Dick Johnson
                          '57 Evinrude 18hp
                          '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
                          '72 Johnson 6hp
                          '65 Homelite 55
                          '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
                          '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Sorry for the rant guys.
                            Getting a handle on our affairs takes some pressure off. The IRS thing still has me wound up a little still. I hope to have that under control soon.
                            (posted a report under Club Affairs Discussion)

We still have people that have not posted yet and I hope they are just reading the posts and hope to try posting soon, once the dust settles.

Thanks for jumping in guys. Its really helps.

Stuff is just getting better each day..
                            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                            X