Official Event Photographer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Event Photographer

I'm saying this tongue-in-cheek, but it would be cool to have a set up like this for our events, so I'm willing to take donations so I can purchase one:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...YPJQ4Y5NGHTXKH

I would bring it to every event I swear! As of right now, I'm only $1,554.78 away from getting it!

here's some footage of one in action filming boats in Florida:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtiDPmjde94

Ok ok, I've found a cheaper one only because I already have a GoPro...
    http://www.uav-outlet.com/dji-phanto...ProductReviews

$959 which means I'm that much closer to getting one!

Comment

We used to have a fellow member that was pretty darn good at all the pictures. That was Patrick who owned the other 21 Bell Boy that Ed bought from Marty.
      Patrick's life got pretty complicated and he moved east for awhile, moved back and some how we lost track of him.
      Dave has a pretty sweet camera that he was using to take pictures of the boats too.

This is one thing we are missing. Our Old gallery was full of event photos. Most of them were taken by members and Marty was probably the better one of getting everyone's photos on the water.

Having that little rig would sure be sweet. Too bad the club didn't have the money to fund it but we don't.
      This sure something that we can bring up at the meeting too.

We just need more events and having some trick movie clips of boats in action would sure be nice.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen
      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

The drone is on my wish list, but in the mean time I just bought a Nikon D3300 DSLR...had it a week so far. I'll definitely get some good shots this next year and between Dave and I, we should be covered though Dave's been doing nice shots far longer than I have.

Comment

At one time the group had a photographer who lived in the La Conner area. Think his name was Sonny Richardson, and co-ordinated a great shoot of us going through Deception Pass, with shots of us taken from the bridge. Also did great shots at Lk. Whatcom a couple years. Nice man. I think Marty arranged him initially.
          Great, memorable shots.052403Skagit Boat Club051.jpgDSC_2358.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
            At one time the group had a photographer who lived in the La Conner area. Think his name was Sonny Richardson, and co-ordinated a great shoot of us going through Deception Pass, with shots of us taken from the bridge. Also did great shots at Lk. Whatcom a couple years. Nice man. I think Marty arranged him initially.
            Great, memorable shots.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12686[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12687[/ATTACH]
            We can do all of this with Kelly and that Drone which will be cool for one.
            I also think if all of us are taking pictures like we use to do, and we have a good gallery that we can post Events and all those photos will be great too.
            More things to work on once the dust settles with our setup here.
            Patrick use to be able to do a pretty good job too.
            Did you know that Marty paid that fellow out of his own pocket?
            I Really REALLY want to make a good space for Marty and this Pocket Cruisers that he is involved in too. We have the power with this new software to do Many trick things with it.
            It is just getting better every day too.
            Thanks Ed and Kelly for jumping in and doing what you have done. You guys are really creating a great place for all of us to come and enjoy Boating among other things.
            I hope you all can see why I was not willing to just shut down the club.
            Its just getting better........
            Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Excellent point Joe- I can't estimate how many great photos have been taken and shared of everyone's boats -on the water, at shows, etc. As a continuation of that tradition, it would be great for us to renew our focus, no pun intended, to always bring our cameras to meets, and with safety a consideration, take lots of pics.

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                Excellent point Joe- I can't estimate how many great photos have been taken and shared of everyone's boats -on the water, at shows, etc. As a continuation of that tradition, it would be great for us to renew our focus, no pun intended, to always bring our cameras to meets, and with safety a consideration, take lots of pics.
                One good thing is, all the photos we had in our Gallery, we still have !! That is pretty cool for sure.
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

That pic of all the Skagits above is really cool. I haven't seen that one before...any others?

I plan on working on the gallery to bring it back up to what it was, and more. I need to categorize the folders then go in and populate it. One feature I do like with this software is it also saves all of the attachments in a separate gallery.

More work to do!

Comment

Working...
                  X