Happy Birthday Marty Loken

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Birthday Marty Loken

Happy Birthday Marty. Says "72". Oh, you were born in 1972? Last time I saw you, you didn't look a day over 68!
    Well, I guess that was four years ago.

Happy Birthday, old timer.....
    I'm not far behind you..........

Cheers,

Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Happy Birthday, Would love to have your wisdom contributing to the forum. Clint

Comment

Marty, Happy Birthday ! Hoping you have many more ! Chuck & Sheila
      1957 17' Skagit Express Cruiser
      1959 20' Skagit Express Cruiser 120 HP I/O "Chippewa"

Comment

Many thanks for the birthday greetings, and sorry I've become such an infrequent flyer on the NWCBC forum. (I still have one classic-glass runabout, a '58 Glasspar Avalon that's been in our family since new, but since moving to the Port Townsend area we've gradually shifted toward wooden rowing and sailing boats--not really at the core of what the Northwest Classic Boat Club is about. Nevertheless, I'll try to make more frequent appearances, since I still love the club and everything it represents.)

By the way, we're very happy to still be around and kicking at 72. I remember, when I was in my 20's, 30's, 40's and even 50's, thinking that 72-year-olds were positively ANCIENT…and I dreaded what must certainly be the near-death experience of reaching that awful age. But now that I'm 72, it's a huge relief to feel healthy (not to be confused with fit), and I've never been happier…so it's all good.

Thanks again, and best to everyone,

Marty
        http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Comment

Happy belated Marty. Your in the thick of it in the Port Townsend area as far as wooden boats go. Keep us up to date on your projects. A lot of us have interests in wood boats as well. Take care, and have another great year messing around with boats.
          Steve Kiesel
          1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Happy belated from me as well! Since we're combining with the wooden boat club, it's a win/win for you

Comment

Marty, Happy birthday. Back when we were in our 20's 72 was ancient and people back then did have one foot in the grave but thanks to all the advances in medicine and medical technology 72 isn't considered old at all these days. I just turned 67 and I'm actually healthier now than I was when I was in my twenties. A hell of a lot happier to. I think the key is staying physically and mentally active.
              Greg James

Comment

Working...
              X