1960 Bellboy???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960 Bellboy???

Any ideas on the actual identification on this boat? Just curious... I spied it from the freeway

http://royrobinsonrv.reachlocal.net/...l_~BodyType_/1
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lyle; 12-11-2014, 02:00 AM.
    Lyle
    "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
    The Dorsett
    Photos:
    1960 Dorsett Catalina

Total guess on my part. My first thought was a Bell Boy 404 Sedan.
    Steve Kiesel
    1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

If you like the 404's, here is a 61 404 Express in Seatac: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/boa/4775759055.html
      Steve Kiesel
      1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Think that era of 404 Express was designed by Howard Roberts- his '63-65 express pleasure boats had that lip over the forward cabin windshield.DSCN0299.JPGP1130227.jpg

Comment

7 Grand? yowza!

Comment

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
            Think that era of 404 Express was designed by Howard Roberts- his '63-65 express pleasure boats had that lip over the forward cabin windshield.[ATTACH=CONFIG]12789[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]12790[/ATTACH]
            Bruce,

I like that split cuddy windshield allowing anchor access. How water-tight do you think that could be?

Lance

Comment

Lance-
              Interesting question on that removable center window. It could be done, with proper weatherstripping and cinch down thumbscrews on the inside, I suppose. The hatch that is contiguous with the window section is hinged, I think. Careful craftsmanship could create a snug, waterproof solution there.
              The most important issue besides a tight way of channel/weatherstripping fit would be operation. Making sure you've got it secured when encountering heavy seas.
              I'd see if we can contact the owner, Bob, of the Roberts cruiser in the pic, for his take on how that one is designed. Maybe even look at it in person.
              Perhaps Tim Jones has experience with similar designs.
              bruceb

Comment

Working...
              X