Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Propulsion: The boat shows outboard displays, domestic.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propulsion: The boat shows outboard displays, domestic.

After visiting the boat show, I realized that I had a tendency to ignore those foreign manufacturers. Don't know why but the pictures I have included only Evinrude and Mercury. Manufacturers such as Honda, and others were represented properly as one might expect.

DSCN0106a.jpgDSCN0107.jpgDSCN0120.jpgDSCN0108a.jpg

As you can see Mercury has compacted their design somewhat while Evinrude on motors larger than 200 horse has gone to another tower configuration which is obviously much better for multiengine installations. As you can see from the far left picture Evinrude is offering numerous colors and trim combinations.
    Dave

14 Skagit Sportster Blue (formerly red)
    16 Skagit Skimaster (blue)
    17 Skagit

18 Skagit Runabout (1961?)

I can't imagine having one of those monstrosities hangin of the back of my boat, well maybe.
    Greg James

Comment

Those Evinrudes are FUGLY! Ole Evinrude would roll over in his grave if he saw that P.O.S.!
      Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
        Those Evinrudes are FUGLY! Ole Evinrude would roll over in his grave if he saw that P.O.S.!
        I haven't decided if they are ugly or beautiful, but they do look like they could dispense soft drinks.

Comment

While I agree the Rudes new look take some getting used to, I like it. Watch some videos on youtube...it is amazing. I've never said that about that company. Zero transmission noise when shifting, auto trim (when you want it)...you can actually get on plane at 70% trim. CRAZY! The fuel savings is crazy too, but the acceleration is just as crazy. I want to run one on a demo day with a bass boat and see what it feels like by the seat of my pants!

Comment

Yes, the Rude G2 is hard to look at, until you see why they're coming up with an innovative packaging model....in addition to what Kelly's mentioned, check this out.
            A spin-off group of engineers from Mercury four years ago, saw a need in the outboard products to build a huge outboard to power offshore boats that were running multiple OBs. They're known as Seven Marine, and the motor they source is a Cadillac all aluminum engine that they've tweaked to 557hp. Yes...not a mistake !
            A custom designed transmission from ZF transfers this power to prop. They custom paint the motor to match your boat. This attention to appearance has other OB makers running to "customize" for the end user. As Dave mentioned, all kinds of color combinations are available from Evinrude in the 200-300 hp range.
            Once you see these G2 Rudes on a modern boat, it kind of depends on the boat as to whether they look ok.
            Lots of videos on youtube for the Erudes as well as Seven Marine. If you're curious, here's one, and listen to those triples scream !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v00BYmiMJw

Comment

Apologize for the wrong link- no messing around with triples this time- quad 557s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bfki48v1Uk

Comment

Working...
              X