Chuck's Skagit 20 Express For Sale

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck's Skagit 20 Express For Sale

I just uploaded an ad to CL for Chuck's beautiful 1959 Skagit 20 Express…fully restored shortly before his passing in January.

Here's a link:

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/boa/4932200557.html

Hope we can help Sheila and their sons find a deserving home for Chuck's last and nicest restoration.

- Marty
    http://www.pocketyachters.com

"If a man is to be obsessed by something, I suppose a boat is as good as anything, perhaps a bit better than most." - E. B. White

Would be nice if this could go to someone who would continue using it with Chuck's club.

I would love to get this boat but I have been unemployed for 5 months with two kids, so my boat budget is at absolute $0.00 far the near future...
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Skagit 20

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
      Would be nice if this could go to someone who would continue using it with Chuck's club.

I would love to get this boat but I have been unemployed for 5 months with two kids, so my boat budget is at absolute $0.00 far the near future...
      I would love to be the new owner of this beautiful boat,my wife and myself have been looking for an older boat for Lake Tahoe camping.we live in Sacramento and boat camp twice a year in Emerald Bay and have always wanted an older boat to cruise in,how can I make this happen thanks, Gary Colquhoun anothercolquhoun@aol.com

Comment

I sent you a email Gary.

This used to belong to another friend of ours so we pretty much know the history of this boat.
        With Chuck being as meticulous as he was, its going to be Nice for sure.
        I am also pretty sure it will come with the proper windshield frame too.
        He never cut corners either so she will be a nice one for sure.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Marty-
          Fine write-up on Chuck's boat ! Hope the family finds a great home for Chuck's efforts. Thanks !

Comment

Did I forget to say I really really want this boat,somebody help me please

Comment

Originally posted by kingsman2004 View Post
              Did I forget to say I really really want this boat,somebody help me please
              Hi Gary.
              Marty Loken is the fellow that is in charge of the sale of Chucks boat.
              Are you having a issue of replying to the Craiglist ad ?

I can give your Email to Marty if that helps.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Thank you,but I have made contact and life is all good again,can't wait to see this fine boat

Comment

greetings kingsman.......what is the scoop with chucks skagit did u see it did u get it

Comment

chucks boat

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
                    Hi Gary.
                    Marty Loken is the fellow that is in charge of the sale of Chucks boat.
                    Are you having a issue of replying to the Craiglist ad ?

I can give your Email to Marty if that helps.
                    hello Marty

I purchased chucks boat...should be fun
                    I however want to finish his project
                    is there old schematics of the boat

Comment

Originally posted by russ cooley View Post
                      hello Marty

I purchased chucks boat...should be fun
                      I however want to finish his project
                      is there old schematics of the boat
                      Schematics?
                      Nothing to really go by other than pictures of other boats.
                      The only other person that might know more about that boat would be Greg Silcox. Its been a very long time since he has been on the board here.

What are your concerns on finishing ?
                      About all I remember was he was thinking about putting the helm windshield back on.

I think Marty is off on a Sailing adventure right now too.
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Bring it to the LaConner car and boat show on Aug 1st. I am pretty sure that Bruce B will have his 20ft Skagit there. Should have Skagit people there to talk Skagits. Clint

Comment

Russ-
                          Wonderful you've purchased Chuck's 20 express !
                          In a conversation I had with Chuck, it was apparent that the owner prior to Greg Silcox, Gary Kreidt, had experienced some wiring issues and had a marina on Lk. Union re-wire engine bay details. I remember vaguely something about the bilge fan, and I think Chuck resolved that.
                          All of the boats we encounter have changes from how they left the factory. Over the period of time that's transpired, owner's (or marina techs, or friends of owners) have made changes, so even if you looked at an example of a factory accurate boat, changes have been made.
                          Chuck's boat is an example of a conversion ( and a good one, for sure) from an outboard powered craft to a I/O. All wiring is unique to that boat, and it's possible that Chuck may have made drawings. If you have a specific concern, try to take pics and we might have the talent on this site to resolve it.
                          Clint's idea of bringing the boat to LaC works, seeing wiring in person can help a lot.
                          bruceb

Comment

Glad to hear the boat stayed local! Congrats on the purchase!

Comment

by finish i mean
                              the transom will need to be replaced, it has some dry rot and the skin is de-laminating

the cap on the stern that covers the engine and transom has to be replaced as well
                              the bulk head that is in front of the engine and the port and starboard supports next to the engine are gone and also need to be replaced
                              they are just straight plywood with no water proofing at all.

i also want to add the shelf and sides on the inside to give the hull some stability where the gas tanks were removed

and the cabin roof needs a head liner as well as some reinforcement...

i am amazed how many people comment on the boat...

Comment

Working...
                              X