Non boat related project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non boat related project

I had to let the Chris Craft go unfortunately, but I ended up with another project. Its a very solid 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix. 389 4v 330hp. Runs and drives even. Needs paint and interior but it is such a cool looking car. It was originally Aqua with a white top but thinking she may have to go all black. My great grandma had one of these and she had quite a few stories about my great grandpa bringing that beast home.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by 61_express; 03-30-2015, 03:28 PM.

Those are Really cool cars and have used the 389's and 400 engines too. In fact, that is what is in my old 1962 Chev 4x4 suburban.

Fun to drive too ;-)
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

It was factory aqua with white top.....it would match the boat if I went factory colors. But Damn it looks good in black.

Comment

Originally posted by 61_express View Post
        It was factory aqua with white top.....it would match the boat if I went factory colors. But Damn it looks good in black.
        Back in the early days I did a little body and paint and for black, they have to have a pretty sweet body.
        I think that last picture of her in aqua looks pretty sweet too. And to match the boat, real head turner there for sure.
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Any deep, dark color has very little forgiveness when it comes to base prep.. The body has to be near perfect cause you see every imperfection once the paint is on... I agree it looks darn nice in black, but I am a bigger fan of the matched package!!
          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I have a vintage offy dual quad setup for it too. It runs and drives pretty good for her age but a little more HP never hurts, 2x4s, a bigger cam, and some head work may be in order.

Comment

Working...
            X