A Quiet meet and greet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quiet meet and greet?

Might I suggest a Northern Washington meet and greet at an unspecified location as of yet? I would really like to meet the members around here. As you can see I have nothing that really floats but would like to meet this club I belong too.
    Lyle
    "Adrift in a sea of information looking for answers to bring me home"

The Build:
    The Dorsett
    Photos:
    1960 Dorsett Catalina

Originally posted by Lyle View Post
    Might I suggest a Northern Washington meet and greet at an unspecified location as of yet? I would really like to meet the members around here. As you can see I have nothing that really floats but would like to meet this club I belong too.
    You can do this by coordinating an event in your area. The calendar is pretty open right now so all it takes is for someone to step up to the plate and put it together.
    Lots of folks like running the back waters around Marysville ?

Maybe a Test and Tune event for the new year ?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

We have typically done an April "test and tune" on lake Union/lake Washington that was done a few weeks before opening day parade that happens the first Saturday in May... But due to this club not participating in the parade for the last several years the April event got less and less participation... Perhaps an event in some new body of water is just what we need!?! I would like to meet some of the new members we have acquired in the last few months even if y'all don't have operational boats yet. The people are most of the fun anyway!!
      Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
      1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I would really like to meet some members also So I am going to lob one out there then... Date: TBD Location: Mukilteo Lighthouse, well maybe not the light house but the Diamond knot Brewery is a brisk short walk from the dock. Those without boats can find a close place to park and I am not to sure on the dock.
        Attached Files
        Lyle

The Build:
        The Dorsett
        Photos:
        1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Lyle, A northern Washington greet and meet is a good idea. I would suggest we meet for lunch somewhere. If we have boats it seems we are to busy to really get to know one another. I am retired so any time is good for me. Bruce B works so we would need to find a time when he is off. Greg James is a probable. Brian is another. I am sure there are others. Lets try to put something together. Clint

Comment

LaConner is always great but that isn't until August... And right now you don't want to be anywhere near Mt Vernon cause of the Tulip Feastival!! I am down to try and schedule in.. I am the at home parent now so if y'all pick a weekday just need it to be in a kid friendly place (no bars) or weekends I can usually get away for a few hours...
            Brian Flaherty

Comment

I am on third shift (9pm to 5am) Sunday night to Thursday night and I am getting ready to move to Camano Island during the months of May and June. I could escape on a Sunday morning/ early afternoon. Brian, being in Bellingham, is the farthest north and we can see who has the farthest south spot willing to join in and come sit down with us. Maybe a meet in the middle?
              Family friendly restaurant and / or coffee house is just fine with me.

I threw out Mukilteo just as a starting point.
              Lyle

The Build:
              The Dorsett
              Photos:
              1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

That would be nice to get something put together like that.

Lets try to work it out folks
                Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I'm Trying... only a few nibbles, cant set the hook yet. Sunday Brunch? Stanwood - Suggestions? Marysville - Village Inn? Everett - Suggestions? Mukilteo - Suggestions?
                  Lyle

The Build:
                  The Dorsett
                  Photos:
                  1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Originally posted by Lyle View Post
                    I'm Trying... only a few nibbles, cant set the hook yet. Sunday Brunch? Stanwood - Suggestions? Marysville - Village Inn? Everett - Suggestions? Mukilteo - Suggestions?

So, whats the deal here?? No one wants to go boating do a get together ???

I would be more than interested except for the fact that I am down here in Veneta, West of Eugene Oregon.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

I think we have an odd situation in our club where a good portion of our active members don't currently have functional watercraft...

I have also noticed what seems to be a rift that has formed since Chuck's memorial service... Several folks who used to be very active on here are now, suddenly, missing in action?? I don't know if it's coincidence, or maybe a few of us messing up our efforts to attend the memorial has some how offended people, or maybe it's just interests changing and life getting in the way... I don't know...

I will make every effort possible to attend a northend meet-and-greet whether it's inland or boating!!
                      Brian Flaherty

Comment

I have just been lazy about responding. I would suggest a meeting of north sounders between Smokey Point and Marysville. That is pretty centrally located. Most of us seem to have weekends off. m Bruce B is the only one who may be flying on the weekends. If someone could pick a place to meet that would help. Will try to get Bruce's schedule to see when he is available. Possible attendees: Clint Brice Brian Lyle Melanie, and Greg. I am sure there are others. I just don't know who they are. Clint

Comment

What works for me in general is sometimes Friday and sometimes Saturday until 1pm. Misc weekdays, each week is different.
                          Prefer to arrange over the phone.
                          bruceb

Comment

Another Toss up...

ScuttleButte Family Restaurant Saturday / Sunday 11:00 am? Those that would like to travel by boat can use the guest Moorage at the Everett Marina and those that are land locked can park in the lot close by.

I am new at arranging these things but I would like to meet the active members if I can.

Originally posted by bruceb View Post
                            What works for me in general is sometimes Friday and sometimes Saturday until 1pm. Misc weekdays, each week is different.
                            Prefer to arrange over the phone.
                            bruceb
                            Bruce, I'll PM you my number and we can work something out if you would like?
                            Lyle

The Build:
                            The Dorsett
                            Photos:
                            1960 Dorsett Catalina

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
                              I think we have an odd situation in our club where a good portion of our active members don't currently have functional watercraft...

I have also noticed what seems to be a rift that has formed since Chuck's memorial service... Several folks who used to be very active on here are now, suddenly, missing in action?? I don't know if it's coincidence, or maybe a few of us messing up our efforts to attend the memorial has some how offended people, or maybe it's just interests changing and life getting in the way... I don't know...

I will make every effort possible to attend a northend meet-and-greet whether it's inland or boating!!

Hey Brian.

Chuck, Marty, Lowell, and Greg were our main coordinators in the club back in the early stages of the club.
                              What has happened in my view has been weather related no shows.
                              I remember a big event that Doug Griffith had put on, rain was a major factor on that event too.

Tim McCrain used to put on a event at a chowder house and would pretty much Promote that and other events.

In looking back (again, just from my eyes) I have seen events that Marty and Chuck would put on and would show pictures from the last events such as the Chuck Carey's Around Bainbridge Island. Marty started that event and Chuck took that one over. There were more than once that event was to early and got rained out..
                              Lowel would put on the San Juan events and due to Iffy weather, seems that Lowel, Greg and John Nelson would show up. The last San Juans event that Lowel put on, only John Nelson showed.
                              You can only coordinate a event so many times with no shows and well, you just get tired of trying to put them together.

So, I think that promoting a event might be more of the proper term than coordinating.

We keep signing up more and more new members in the Seattle Puget Sound area and well, with me being down here in Eugene, I am not much help.

Now most of you might understand why I am wanting us to join with the ACBS folks. Most of those events are planned and go on due to what seems is, major time and money spent setting them up. Parks are reserved, promotional flyers have been created which might make them more of a commitment.

We need to, Just Do It.
                              Remember when we made sure that No one was standing on the shore, Everyone got a ride so Show up no matter what.

Was it Lowel that would put on the event up around Marysville, up that channel ? Sorry for get what it was called but that was always a good event for sight seeing.

So people, its Time...As Ingvar would say, Lets get out and turn some Props.
                              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                              X