Snohomish river cruise

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snohomish river cruise

When is the club planning a cruise on the Snohomish river cruise ??

Also 2 lady clippers For sale at cwb.org
    the other one is at the Foss Maritime museum in Tacome _ what a story on this one
    Ingvar
    Ingvar (Swedster) Carlson

We haven't set a date yet as we are waiting on the work schedule of one member. Want to find the gillnetter Thundercheif which was built by Skagit Plastics. might be out of the 30ft Skagit mold. clint

Comment

Sure looks like it could have been:
      http://digitalcollections.lib.washin...aritime/id/442
      John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
      Past Affairs:
      '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I found an article from 1960 stating that Skagit Plastics built the Thundercheif. Bruce and I have been searching for it.. Another unknown Skagit surfaces. Clint

Comment

The Thunderchief on Steamboat slough looks small next to that silverton.Looking at Roberts fishing boat is kinda slippery slope for a Skagit guy. He built a lot of nice boat that were good enough to still be compete fishing today.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBronze View Post
            Sure looks like it could have been:
            http://digitalcollections.lib.washin...aritime/id/442
            It would be nice to find a picture of this boat without having to pay someone to use it. I wonder how many photo's they got from us or fiberglassics for free.

Sure is interesting looking. Your right looks like the hull was modeled off the 31 Saratogan.
            Helmar Joe Johanesen
            1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
            1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
            Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
            2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
            http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Agreed. I doubt they paid much if anything for that photo. Probably just knew someone who had it in a box somewhere...
              John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
              Past Affairs:
              '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Here's another picture of the Thunderchief. 1960. Yes, this boat was out of the Saratogan mold with a cropped off stern.
                There was a sighting of the Thunderchief a year or so back. Can't remember who saw it. Bruce B.?
                Attached Files
                Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Yes, Tim, think I emailed that pic to you, the pic is actually owned by another mystery club member.
                  I found the boat in a youtube video posted by a kayaker navigating the Snohomish River system near Everett. Even though I'd only seen this picture, the shape of the cabin transition from the side to top and the windshield frame were "give aways". John's pictures from his cruise very much confirm this is the boat. I have tried to contact the owner but no success. Will try again.
                  Want to take more pics !
                  bruceb

Comment

Snohomish river cruise is set for June 14 Sunday. Bruce and Ingvar are committed. Come and ride in a boat or bring a boat. Clint

Comment

Was checking the tides for June 14th @ Everett- Low- 9:59am (-1.6ft), High- 5:22pm (10.5ft) Low-10:24pm (5.9).
                      Mega boat launch @ Everett should be no problem. Just a question as to whether a launch around noon would be crowded. Not sure how busy that gets in June.
                      So one question, Ingvar, is would a launch around 10:30am be pushing it for depth in the channels where we intend to go ? thanks !
                      bruceb

Comment

Im going to arrive at Kingston at 9:15 and head for Everett at 10:00. Parking is $5.00 for twelve hours. Its about 20 miles to The mega launch and maybe ten more miles up river. They were talking about a restaurant too, there is some moorage at the mega launch.

Comment

water was low when I went up. I wanted to go into deadwater slough too but didn't dare for lack of water. The only time Ive seen the mega launch busy is at fishing openers Im not around there much though.

Comment

Looking at the tides it would seem have a get together for lunch. Launch in the afternoon when we have higher water would work well. Clint

Comment

TWO WEEKS ! I'd sure vote for a lunch then launch around 2 pm. If the slough seems impassable, a cruise up the main river to Snohomish, then the side trip appears more do-able. Will try to go by the mega launch this afternoon and check out parking lot/activity. bruceb

Comment

Working...
                              X