Needle Bearing removal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frogpond View Post
    there was one that had seal on both ends SCE 1210PP on Amazon I wasn't sure if you want it
    that sealed up any thoughts on that? thanks for the information seal spring up got it. I have a NOS shaft coming from California my shaft has threads on gear end so unable to flip it around. Regards, Paul
    I don't think you would want a sealed bearing, the gear lube would never get to it. I haven't tried to flip the collar on a threaded pinion but it looks like the shaft is tapered at the threads and if you remove the pinion gear it could be done? I too was going to put the seal in spring down and the double seal lower one down and upper one up, but the experts said no they go spring up. I've not encountered any water in the lower unit doing it this way.
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Further investigation: seal replacement Timken 1049 also found the right size O.D. to use as seal driver lying around the house you'll never guess what : ) brass hose pressure nozzle. You know what they say, necessity is the mother of invention. Paul
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X