Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Carey Around Bainbridge Memorial Event.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chuck Carey Around Bainbridge Memorial Event.

I know we talked about putting on a memorial event that used to be Chuck Carey's favorites.. Around Bainbridge island.

We need someone that will be a contact for this event.
    This means to check the tides and pick a weekend such as a Saturday or Sunday. Possible launch places both on the Seattle Side as well as the Puget Sound side.

We can discuss the dates and times for that event.
    Anyone interested in doing this?
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I'd be up to organize the Chuck Carey Memorial Cruise, The Stewart Island Photoshoot Cruise and also advise on the Mats Mats overnighter.

Looking like it might be a busy Summer on the water, so best get the dates picked ASAP. I need to get the Saratogan hauled and scrubbed soon.

At the moment my phone is out of commission, but should be back up in the not too distant future. My email: mcskagit.saratogan@gmail.com.

360-298-4757
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Yes! Let's get some dates picked! Time is running out for me, I have to bid my time off soon!

Comment

Would be good to get ACBS's schedule so we can work around that. I've been wanting to attend a few of their salt water events and I hear there is one on Lake Washington this Summer...

McSkagit

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
          Would be good to get ACBS's schedule so we can work around that. I've been wanting to attend a few of their salt water events and I hear there is one on Lake Washington this Summer...

McSkagit
          This is good to hear and Yes, if we had Anything from our ACBS friends it would be Great.
          I will find some time to update some things as on the main website, the calendar of events are back in 2014 when everyone lost interest in events.

The key is finding the time where am not falling asleep at the computer after a long day.

On our Forum, I think I have two people with the capability of being able to log in and add events.
          I will check to make sure that all can be done still.

I also went as far as explained what a Event Coordinator had to do to setup a event.
          Here is the link to that tread.
          http://www.classicboatclub.com/forum...ght=coordinate
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Okay Helmar, I copied the Event Coordinator Checklist and will read it in detail.

Tim
            0498+M.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
              Okay Helmar, I copied the Event Coordinator Checklist and will read it in detail.

Tim
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]14708[/ATTACH]
              Good picture !!!..

I am not sure what happened with the Event Coordinator thing ?? Its not a really big deal.
              I mean, if salt water, check the launch's, tides for launch and retrieval.
              If a destination like a park, check to see if any other groups are using it or scheduled for it that day or weekend.
              If a weekend or over nighter, check for lodging, camping, slips to tie up.
              If its a Fresh water event, pretty much the same thing, check whats available and not just for us to blast around taking pictures of each others boats, but what about the parks, what is available for the Family, the Wife and Kids ?, Pick nick tables, cover ?...Those are just question we have to ask the park people is all.

I think I did the Share a location or destination with others idea were if you found a interesting place and wanted to share it with others, discuss it and maybe plan it out.

In the past some members would Coordinate events and due to rain (for the most part) the events would not go real well with low attendance. That kind of put the damper on members wanting to try it again..

I mean there is SO much to see, SO many interesting places to see even in the Puget Sound alone !!.

Look at Shelton Washington for instance. The History of that town is quite special. Lots went on in and out of that town via the water ways.
              Look at Poulsbo and that little town with the history it has too !!.

I mean these places are in Someones Back Yard pretty much.
              I think its safe to say that Washington is a Boating Capital of the World.

The San Juans, you know that one like the back of your good hand (maybe even the one your broke and hope is all healed back up!! ;-)
              THAT, is on My Bucket list. I Never made it with my 20 Offshore and it was Built for that kind of water.

So, I guess what I am yammering about here is, Washington is such a Beautiful state with Many Many water ways to explore, towns with major history (I think even Port Townsend, I read in a book it was the last port for the Wooden Sailing ships).

Maybe the Event Coordinator thing should be retired and we might call it something else?
              Sharing a adventure or destination ???
              What could it be ?

At NO time do I Ever remember a gathering with or without our classic boats that we didn't have a Great Time.
              Remember out motto, Good Boats, Great Friends.

Just saying guys......
              Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Helmar,
                I posted that picture mostly of Chuck Carey. This aboard Sweet Zoanna at Joemma Beach State Park 2012.

We've lost a lot of active people the last couple years. Was looking at the 2005 Skagit 50th Anniversary Event in LaConner. Must have been 80 people there.

I think that those of us that remain are locked in a sort of time warp. Out early boating days are what keep up wanting to pursue these classic boats. In order to attract new members, we need to get the boats out on the water as often as possible. Puget Sound is a BIG area and can take many hours to transit it by boat or car, so understand the built-in limitations.

In addition to a few scheduled events, I think it would be good to host the impromptu cruises also. When the weather is right, just a note on the websites....TODAY'S THE DAY AT OLYMPIA or EVERETT or LAKE WASHINGTON.

The event on May 31st last year was great. Weather as perfect. Three boats...made it happen. Short notice...

Tim

Comment

Working...
                X