1968 model a little different? or case of missing bearings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1968 model a little different? or case of missing bearings

Looking at my condensed 1967 Homelite diagrams exploded view of pinion shaft bearing above gear on bottom end shows two bearing a tapered and above that another bearing this a ball bearing type. I only have the tapered is this correct? for the later version? as my driveshaft has threads on that end which is different from my diagram as it shows drive shaft splinned on both ends. also another set of needle bearing cage above the ball bearing and below the cage under the waterpump. My model# is 460A2F can anybody shed light on this. Regards, Paul

[QUOTE=frogpond;26751 I only have the tapered is this correct? for the later version? as my driveshaft has threads on that end which is different from my diagram as it shows drive shaft splinned on both ends. also another set of needle bearing cage above the ball bearing and below the cage under the waterpump. My model# is 460A2F can anybody shed light on this. Regards, Paul[/QUOTE]

What you have is correct. I put together this webpage a while back, it shows the differences between them.
    http://home.comcast.net/~273cl72/sit...552fdf6d9647e0
    Dick Johnson
    1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
    '57 Evinrude 18hp
    '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
    '72 Johnson 6hp
    '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
    '65 Homelite 55
    '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
    '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Working...