'61 Uniflite found me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '61 Uniflite found me

So I was out at our lake flushing the outboard after a day in the sound and this gentlemen walks up to me and says, "you like old boats?" Um, yes.
    He says his buddy has one sitting in the back 40 that looks "just like" my boat and wants to know if I'm interested. I told him I'm always up for "looking" at old boats but won't say one way or another if I'm a buyer.
    A couple of days later he calls and says I can come over whenever. As I pull up to the house I can see the boat from a distance and instantly know what year it is, what's wrong with it (from a distance) and how much I'd be willing to pay (should I become a buyer).
    As we get up to the boat I get ready to climb up to see what's going on inside and low and behold there are 3 wasp nest and full of seemingly 100s of them scampering around.
    I ask them to take care of the flying terrorist and call me when it's safe to look.

I'm heading out today and will report back. If anything I'll buy it, clean it and look for a buyer. Pics after meeting today.

Originally posted by Kelly View Post
    So I was out at our lake flushing the outboard after a day in the sound and this gentlemen walks up to me and says, "you like old boats?" Um, yes.
    He says his buddy has one sitting in the back 40 that looks "just like" my boat and wants to know if I'm interested. I told him I'm always up for "looking" at old boats but won't say one way or another if I'm a buyer.
    A couple of days later he calls and says I can come over whenever. As I pull up to the house I can see the boat from a distance and instantly know what year it is, what's wrong with it (from a distance) and how much I'd be willing to pay (should I become a buyer).
    As we get up to the boat I get ready to climb up to see what's going on inside and low and behold there are 3 wasp nest and full of seemingly 100s of them scampering around.
    I ask them to take care of the flying terrorist and call me when it's safe to look.

I'm heading out today and will report back. If anything I'll buy it, clean it and look for a buyer. Pics after meeting today.
    Here is something sad.

Mine still has several bees nests in it and I have to get into my motor for valve adjustment and with the move and all, she just sits out there in the back yard of my friends.

On the plus side, we did get a place down here in Veneta Oregon and I have a 4 bay shop that needs work.
    Just means I have to move the old shop, work on the new shop so my plate is pretty full...
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
    X