Annual NW Classic Boat Club Meeting

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual NW Classic Boat Club Meeting

I just put the following message in our Events Calendar.
    =========================================

This is our Annual NW Classic Boat Club Meeting.

Its will be held at the club house hosted by Mike and Judy Kronic at 5222 40th st. e. Tacoma, Wa. 98443, Saturday November 21st and starts at 10am.
    Your GPS or Smart phone will get find us.

We will discuss the clubs funding, possible marketing and event planning.

This is a open meeting for all the folks that would like to come and see what we are all about.

I will have Club Burgee's and window stickers with me at the meeting as well.

Pizza, Coffee and cookies will be available and I will have a donation jar put out to help fund this.
    I would like to know who all is coming as so we know how much food and refreshments to have on hand.
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Hello,
    Is this annual meeting still on? Is anyone coming? A couple years back I brought along a video of our 1960 boating adventure to Cape Scott on the northern end of Vancouver Island. One year, might have been the same, my son Graeme, a CG Reservist gave a talk on boating safety.

This year I though I'd bring along a slide show of a 1969 cruise my dad and I took to Tofino, B.C. Anyone interested? Is there another page that has more info than this?

Tim
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
      Hello,
      Is this annual meeting still on? Is anyone coming? A couple years back I brought along a video of our 1960 boating adventure to Cape Scott on the northern end of Vancouver Island. One year, might have been the same, my son Graeme, a CG Reservist gave a talk on boating safety.

This year I though I'd bring along a slide show of a 1969 cruise my dad and I took to Tofino, B.C. Anyone interested? Is there another page that has more info than this?

Tim
      Yeah, there was another location but its not looking like its going to happen.
      Here is the link to the Event calendar.
      http://www.classicboatclub.com/conte...-Event-Listing

It sure sounds interesting Tim, but its a 9 hour drive for me from down here so if anyone else wants to step up and run the meeting, I can give you a report of were we are.

If not, I will just cancel the annual meeting due to the lack of interest.
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Sue and I have the meeting marked on our calendar and plan on attending. Allan
        1958 Dorsett Farallon
        1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

I am going cancel the annual meeting. I have 9 hours of driving with NO traffic though Portland.

If someone wants to step up to the plate and run the meeting, I will not cancel as its still all setup at this point. I think we only have 4 people showing up.
          We only have a hand full of folks willing to attend and I have heard from a few regulars that are just not going to be able to make it either.
          I have to hear from you in the next couple of days if you want to run the meeting....

I just hope next year we have a better turn out.

Lets try to plan some events this year please.

I have just enough funds to pay the hosting and registration bills this year, but its slim. We will loose our Photo gallery software, (hardly anyone uses it anyway) So for you folks that want to see this continue to exist, please use the PayPal or ask me for a mailing address.
          We don't have enough to have our taxes done and I was not able to afford last years either (trouble is coming, I know) It costs us $350, or that was the last cost anyway.
          So, there you have it, our financial report.....

Here are our statistics.

Registered members, 1,336 that log into and use the forum to harvest information.

Active members, 36 (still using the forum)

Supporting members at this point, 22.

Thank you folks that have paid to support your club. (Steve K, you don't even own a boat any longer, thank you!!!! )
          Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Helmar,

Who are the 4 members planning on attending the meeting? Sue and I would like to meet and discuss 2016 events, swap boat stories and project updates.

As you are unable to attend, it would be nice to see Bruce, Kelli, Tim, and others.

Allan
            1958 Dorsett Farallon
            1959 Bellboy Ballerina

Comment

Thanks Helmar. I still own a boat and a bunch of kayaks. It's not a glassic, but a wood center console for fishing the Central Oregon lakes. I'm happy to support the club, or whats left of it. Like you, I'm to far away to join any of the outings and meetings. But I still enjoy following the posts.
              Steve Kiesel
              1959 Glasspar Seafair Sedan

Comment

Helmar-
                sorry you can't make it. As I'd mentioned in an email, I won't be able to attend, but still "supporting" and hoping to attend/be a part of some cruises in coming year. Hope it's great meeting, super neat setting at Mike's !
                bruceb

Comment

Originally posted by Chelan View Post
                  Helmar,

Who are the 4 members planning on attending the meeting? Sue and I would like to meet and discuss 2016 events, swap boat stories and project updates.

As you are unable to attend, it would be nice to see Bruce, Kelli, Tim, and others.

Allan
                  We need a roll call on who can make the meeting.

Please show your hand..
                  Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

At this time I will not be able to attend. November is stacking up to be a very busy month for us.
                    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Meeting has been canceled this year.
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Working...
                      X