gpowell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpowell

We live in Bridgeport overlooking the Columbia River. I decided we needed a boat which could keep us warm in the fall and winter for Steelhead and Walleye fishing. To that end I purchased a Sitka 20 (hull number 9 2x 8525). I hope that by this time next year it will again be sea worthy. I can see a lot of work ahead, on the boat and trailer.

Originally posted by gpowell View Post
    We live in Bridgeport overlooking the Columbia River. I decided we needed a boat which could keep us warm in the fall and winter for Steelhead and Walleye fishing. To that end I purchased a Sitka 20 (hull number 9 2x 8525). I hope that by this time next year it will again be sea worthy. I can see a lot of work ahead, on the boat and trailer.
    Welcome aboard the forum.
    I am not familiar with the Sitka 20 so if you could post some pictures of it, that would be great.

Most of us are working on our stuff for the summer and might be able to help out with possible suggestions if you like.

Enjoy
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

As soon as I figure out the best way to attach a photo I will.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gpowell View Post
        As soon as I figure out the best way to attach a photo I will.
        Not sure were you got the Sitka but that is a 20 ft Skagit express or with pictures of the inside, might even be what is called the Offshore....Difference being helm bulkheads position. The Offshore is what I have and the bulkhead leaves very little helm map dash to use.
        She is a 1959 or maybe even one of the last 1960's that were produced.
        It is More than common for them to be titled wrong.

Skagit started out in 1955 and the factory burned to the ground in 1960 from what I understand. Others might know more about that (Bruce B and McSkagit)

Your Skagit will have Fiberglass Stringers as well, Not wood. The only wood that will go bad is what you can see, transom, floor, bulkheads and in the cabin. The rest of her is going to be solid as all can be.

Skagit would Fiberglass there badge with the build ID plate normally on the inside of the transom, port side. Most of the time, they got painted over.

Here is an example.

Attached Files
        Helmar Joe Johanesen
        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
        X