Mason Lake Family Fun Day - with ACBS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mason Lake Family Fun Day - with ACBS

September 17th is the day ACBS has secured for the annual Mason Lake Family Fun Day!!!

After last year's great glassic turnout and crowd enthusiasm! They are formally inviting NWCBC to participate again!

I haven't gotten any details yet about lunch, or timing, but I will hopefully get some information at next week's ACBS meeting.

So stay tuned!!
    Attached Files
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

I have this on my calendar. Is it at the old Simpson campground?
    17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
    18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
    19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
    25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
    14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
    14' Stilleto

Comment

Karl, I'm not sure where it is going to be as the old Simpson property was sold to a developer last year who was threatening to build condos... Not sure if that happened or has even been started yet. All I've gotten from the ACBS coordinator was the date!
      Brian Flaherty

Comment

Looking forward to the date!
        14' Stilleto

Comment

Fresh water? You mean I don't have to clean out the engine when I'm done?
          Haven't been to an event since the marathon was in the lake. Will try to make this one!
          John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
          Past Affairs:
          '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

I still haven't gotten any details from the ACBS event coordinator... I hope it really happens! Despite being a relatively small lake, and nearly 3 hour drive from Bellingham, it has always been a fun event!!
            Brian Flaherty

Comment

Finally got the official information from Rick (ACBS event coordinator) the event is on!! But he needs to know a pretty good estimate of how many of us Fiberglassic folks want to come and play... There is very limited dock space so it is most likely that the outboard/sterndrive boats will be put on the beach since it is a lot more difficult for direct drive inboards to beach it...

It's always a good time! The folks who came last year got most of the attention as the beach area is directly in front of the car show folks!!
              Attached Files
              Brian Flaherty

Comment

Hmmm, perhaps a new target date for the Skagit? Maybe..

Comment

So I just go another email from the ACBS coordinator for this event asking if we have a rough boat count and head count for NWCBC representation at the event???? They are trying to plan dock space and food supplies.

So from this thread I can see possibly Kelly, Karl, and John... It would be really amazing to have a tru flotilla of glassics descend on this event like we had last time! We are going again but are planning to bring our boys along for the trip (3 hours from Bellingham!)
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

I have it on my calendar!
                    14' Stilleto

Comment

I've been working on a homelite this spring and don't have anything running that fits in that group.

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
                        So I just go another email from the ACBS coordinator for this event asking if we have a rough boat count and head count for NWCBC representation at the event???? They are trying to plan dock space and food supplies.

So from this thread I can see possibly Kelly, Karl, and John... It would be really amazing to have a tru flotilla of glassics descend on this event like we had last time! We are going again but are planning to bring our boys along for the trip (3 hours from Bellingham!)

Might want to run a roll call again Brian to see who might make it to this event.

Mine won't be ready so we will not make it this year.
                        Helmar Joe Johanesen
                        1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                        1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                        Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                        2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                        http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Well I can't get out of work that day, I tried. I've missed a lot of weekend activities with my new career.
                          Have fun!

Comment

I am about 75% going to go. Got the boat transferred over to the Tee Nee this afternoon, some adjusting to do, and probably a short shake down run up to Lake Entiat for an evening outing to be sure how it tows and launches.
                            Dave14333805_1243164165750617_2925122191111561714_n.jpg

Comment

So Mason Lake is this Saturday!!!!

Who is coming? With or without boat? I need to report to the ACBS event coordinator so they can plan dock space and food supplies...

We're dragging "Tuppware" all the way down from Bellingham!! Come on out and play one last time for the season!!!
                              Brian Flaherty

Comment

Working...
                              X