No announcement yet.

17ft express crusier uniflite

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kelly, I believe as an administrator you or Helmar have the ability to move threads and also combine threads... I agree, trying to keep up with Mike's fast paced restoration is tricky when it is so spread out.

Love all the pictures and documentation!! This will be a great resource for future restorers to look back on!
    Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
    1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

hey u guys IAM JUST WINGING IT<<<<<L O L

Comment

We do Brian, I'm just giving Mike a hard time. I know he'll have more post, so we can merge them if he wants. The boat is looking great and it will be fun to see it all under one thread.

Mike bring the boat down to Black Lake when you're done!

Comment

new type drain hole plug

greetings u can get the new style drain plugs that new boat company use today also installed the splash well tunnel drain made of brass at fisheries supply co ( under drain plug) SEE PICTURES
          Attached Files

Comment

The transom redo

THE PICTURE OF THE GUY IS JOHN HOLDING THE NEW TRANSOM MADE OF COSSA BOARD HE IS THE TRUE BRAINS OF THE PROJECT AND THE TWO MEN TOGETHER ARE THE GLASS MEN that SHOWed ME HOW THINGS ARE DONE and did the bulk of the work,,,,,,,,,and the other guy is me holding the old & new transoms>>>>>>.YES IAM A MEMBER OF THE MORE MONEY THAN BRAINS CLUB<<<<,so now we are on to the 1959 SKAGIT 20 I O.......it needs complete floors/paint new engine & outdrive and some real TLC,,,,,,,,,,,,thats it for now,,,,mike pingatore
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by mike pingatore View Post
              THE PICTURE OF THE GUY IS JOHN HOLDING THE NEW TRANSOM MADE OF COSSA BOARD HE IS THE TRUE BRAINS OF THE PROJECT AND THE TWO MEN TOGETHER ARE THE GLASS MEN that HOW SHOWed ME HOW THINGS ARE DONE and did the bulk of the work,,,,,,,,,and the other guy is me holding the old & new transoms.,so now we are on to the 1959 SKAGIT 20 I O.......it needs complete floors/paint new engine & outdrive and some real TLC,,,,,,,,,,,,thats it for now,,,,mike pingatore

That is way cool. Glad to see you got help as it can be tricky. Mix the pot wrong and it kicks before you get to the boat.
              I still use the Fiberlay P?? 16 I think, that is a laminating resin. I also add the surface seal to it.

There was talk about putting all these threads together on your project (should be anyway, makes it easy to follow) but Brian, I think you are already setup as a Admin person, just not showing.

You should be able to combine threads and all that kind of stuff.

I will go look.

Brian, I just looked. You are setup as Super Moderator which you just can't shut things off or down. Gives you access to a Bunch of stuff.
              Kelly is Admin as at one time he was going to do the Zazzle and photo album which he needed that access level to do that.

I will send you a PM as well.
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Uniflite aluminum rubrail

WOW NOW COMES THE JOB OF STRATEING OUT A MESS ON MY RUBRAIL,,,,,,iam going to take a couple 2x4 10ft long and put them together end to end then rouder out a 1/2 round ress down the center to lay the aluminun rub rail and start clampit at one end then tap it in to the ress to get it strate,,,,i found new T BOLTS ON LINE 1/4 20 1.5in long ,then when i install it ill use 3m 5200 sealer ,,,,start at the bow & work my way to the aft,,,,,,,what u guys thoughts ( see pictures)
                Attached Files

Comment

If the Mason Lake event actually happens this year y'all could stage a mutiny with the four nearly identical Uniflites! It was impressive last year with 3, but 4 would be even better!!
                  Brian Flaherty

Comment

I think Kelly and I are on the same page about waiting till Mike is ready, then we'll merge all his Restoration threads into one... Although it may be better to just rewrite the information in an all new comprehensive thread (otherwise it won't read well and might still be hard to follow).

Mike, there ain't nothing wrong with being in the "more money than brains" group! It's folks like you that kept my father employed!! And it's your kind of folks that are currently keeping two of my best friends employed! Some of us only learn to do the work out of necessity cause we haven't found a way to make our wallets stretch big enough...
                    Last edited by Bflaherty; 05-25-2016, 12:39 AM.
                    Brian Flaherty

Comment

From working with my aluminum trim this winter, I would suggest NOT straightening it out unless it needs to be straight to fit the boat! Aluminum is not like steel, it will only bend so much before it will crack then you'll be sourcing new material! If you cannot get the bolts in/out due to a bend, you can carefully drill a hole in the channel big enough to rock the "T" head out of/in to the channel. This is how the bottom of my windshield frame was done, there is an access hole in the middle of each piece since they didn't maintain the channel thru the corners or at the tips.

Also, if the aluminum is corroded badly you might just want to source new rubrail anyway... Restoring the original can be a lot of work and money if you have it reanodized...
                      Brian Flaherty

Comment

17ft uniflite transom CAP

just finished my transom cover cap made of 1/4 in staimless 5x 45in long and 1.78in wide and the return i.5 in iam not to good at welding but i get it done,,,,,, L O L ,,,,, i hopeing this helps when i clamp on my 1969 merc 80hp.... ( SEE PICTURES}
                        Attached Files

Comment

That turned out pretty sweet. Nice job Mike.
                          Helmar Joe Johanesen
                          1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                          1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                          Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                          2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                          http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                          X