2016 La Conner Boat Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 La Conner Boat Show

It's just 2 1/2 weeks away !!! Saturday August 6th, 10-4pm. This is a combination in-water yacht, trailer boat (on land) and car show sponsored by La Conner Chamber of Commerce, supported by Swinomish Yacht Club. There are a few food vendors, close by the trailer boat display, as well as the town of La C's food offerings. We usually get boats set up by 9, just to reserve good spots in the display area, as it gets crazy setting up any later than that. Our usual organizer, Clint Strobel is taking a breather this year, so we don't have a go-to person, as yet. As I recall the registration is $15 for trailer boats, small trinkets come with that.....more info available at site for LaC Chamber http://www.lovelaconner.com/laconner...boat-car-show/
    Attached Files
    Last edited by bruceb; 07-20-2016, 07:48 AM.

Hmm, if I can get time off (unlikely) I'll drag the Skagit up, as is!

Comment

All trailer boats are shown at this event, we've had Bell Boys, Dorsetts, classy Chris Craft fiberglass boats, lots of wood boats, runabouts, cruisers, fishing boats, cobbled together "project" boats. Brought my 20' Skagit two years ago in the middle of a transom rebuild, people love to see where a project is and what it's intended to look like when finished. It's a chance to enjoy the town and talk boats in usually great weather.....Bring 'em !

Comment

I will be there with the Chris Craft and it's shiny new paint!!
        Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
        1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Checked with La Conner Chamber and boats can be registered at time of parking Saturday for display, you don't need to pre-register to show. There's also a sheet to fill out to display with your boats to indicate year, make, model. As an extra plus this year, John Wayne's yacht is displayed on the waterfront walk. It's really a floating museum with a lot of the Duke's personal artifacts.
          Hopefully the weather will be perfect (usually is !) and everyone can enjoy the cars, yachts, trailer boats and great town !

Comment

We just got back to the West Side from Spokane today. Showing/sharing unfinished boat projects in La Conner sounds like great fun - was there last year. Unfortunately, I just finished sanding the 22' (extended) '56 Skagit Offshore 20, and don't want to get road grime on it before the painting begins. Tomorrow I'm stretch wrapping it for trailering to Spokane. You guys have fun. If we can make it sans boat, we will.

Comment

Bummed I can't be there. Please post lotsa pics! I know Brian usually does...

Comment

Working...
              X