What could I have done you ask? Hmm...

Comment

Hmmm...
      20160817_164950.jpg

Comment

It's home. What is it though....

Comment

Kelly,
          Well it's a Skagit, probably 20 Express sold by Bob Smith Sporting Goods, Portland.......

You've got the BUG Kelly, which is good from my perspective to see. Very happy to see you're a two Skagit
          enthusiast. Very happy, very happy indeed!!
          Last edited by McSkagit Tim Jones; 08-19-2016, 09:14 AM. Reason: more info
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

Tim you're absolutely correct on all accounts...the boat, the bug & Bob Smith!
            Yep, after trying to get this boat for the past few years, it's finally in my possession! Persistence pays off. This boat was like an ear worm in my brain, it's all I could think about.
            I'll post more about it later...stay tuned!

Comment

Originally posted by McSkagit Tim Jones View Post
              Kelly,
              Well it's a Skagit, probably 20 Express sold by Bob Smith Sporting Goods, Portland.......

You've got the BUG Kelly, which is good from my perspective to see. Very happy to see you're a two Skagit
              enthusiast. Very happy, very happy indeed!!
              This is interesting as the first skagit I got had that B-16 volvo with Volvo outdrive and also had the Bob Smith badge on it.
              That is what got me started into the club way back when as I had never heard of a Skagit and started the research.
              Attached Files
              Helmar Joe Johanesen
              1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
              1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
              Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
              2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
              http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Cool boat! Original colors?

Comment

Well here's the thread back when I first saw the boat in 2014:
                  http://www.classicboatclub.com/showt...ghlight=skagit

And here's the thread exactly 6 months later when I was asking for info on where to buy window rubber etc...:
                  http://www.classicboatclub.com/showt...ghlight=skagit

So I have concluded that yes, I'm persistent and yes, my memory is bad. Ha!
                  Anyway, more pics soon but here's a little teaser shot:
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'm Lovin this!
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Kelly; 08-24-2016, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Unfortunately I can't find the data plate for the hardtop. My guess is his kids had something to do with it being gone.
                      Here's my best guess. The hardtop is an early production 58. I say this because of the early flat cabin hatch and early cleats and narrow splashwell. The soft top I still say is a later 58 with the double bump hatch and wider splashwell. Just my guess on all of this. I would love to sit down with some smart Skagit folks and talk details...really in the 1958 year realm.

Comment

Can't wait to see if the gelcoat is in good condition on the soft top.

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Kelly; 08-24-2016, 11:33 AM.

Comment

I know the whereabouts of another Skagit 20, up here in Bellingham... Not sure of the year, and last I heard it was not for sale... But I drove by a week or so ago, and the license tabs haven't been renewed since 2013, so there's a good chance the owner could be convinced to let it go.. I will have to see if I can drive by again and snap a picture.
                          Last edited by Bflaherty; 08-23-2016, 10:15 PM.
                          Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                          1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Don't tell me that Brian, I can't have 3! LoL...unless of course you want to buy it, then by all means show us some pics!

Comment

Kelly-
                              The fleet expands !!!! Although the white and blue boat is going to require a lot of work exposing the original gelcoat, I'd guess it will have the cool story of maybe being the boat in the factory pic. You're likely on the production timeframe with the hatch design, being an earlier boat with the plain hatch for the boat on right. At one point, thought there was discussion with a factory employee that the hatch design in 58 was an upgrade, but not sure that's correct. The plain hatch became a replacement piece as it fit several production years-interchangable, and was also installed from the factory. Hatches were a common replacement part as owners sometimes forgot to latch it down with interior hasp and they blew off at highway speeds.....
                              So I don't think I've seen a pic of the helm/cockpit area of the hardtop boat. Does it have a sink and head opposite ? trying to verify if it's an express or offshore.
                              Great that you've persevered on getting the boat, it's a cool one !

Comment

Working...
                              X