No announcement yet.

General All Call

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw John's Tyee several years ago--I think at Ivar's Salmon house one January. I've always wondered if that inboard bounced less/ran flatter than my outboard model in choppy water given the more forward weight distribution.....
    Ken

Comment

Originally posted by WizardIII View Post
      FWIW, I'm running a Bearcat 55, love it, keeping it.
      Happy boating,
      Steve
      WizardIII
      Forgot about you and Dave in Wenatchee, that's four of us. For some reason I was thinking you were near Corvallis, but I see I was thinking Tangent not Talent! I was in Talent several years ago to buy an old Honda 305 Superhawk. That was a long drive............................
      Dick Johnson
      1989 16ft Sylvan (Bought it New)
      '57 Evinrude 18hp
      '61 Johnson 5.5hp LS
      '72 Johnson 6hp
      '61 Homelite 55 Shortshaft
      '65 Homelite 55
      '68 Bearcat 55 (3)
      '70 Bearcat 55 (1)

Comment

Yep, 1960 Wizard Baronet 18. I love the lines and I've only seen 2 1/2 of these around. I thought your Uniflite was a great looking combo too. Only driveway photos lately as the this indicates what our local lakes have looked like for the last couple of years.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Helmar View Post
          I am not giving up mine either. I will just move her around from boat to boat.

How does that seem to be working out on yours ?
          Is that a 17 foot Sabercraft ? Sorry, forgot.
          The photo with my wife was the shake down and break in for the motor so no WOT. I'm guessing she weighs around 2000 lbs. without gear (anchor, cooler, etc.) and the Bearcat pushed her around quite well with the 11" prop. I have a 10" if needed. My goal was just a lake cruiser not a speedboat.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sportster View Post
            Forgot about you and Dave in Wenatchee, that's four of us. For some reason I was thinking you were near Corvallis, but I see I was thinking Tangent not Talent! I was in Talent several years ago to buy an old Honda 305 Superhawk. That was a long drive............................
            My first read thought you 'rode' to Talent on your 305. I remember how comfortable my Honda 305 Scrambler was on long rides. Down here I have three local lakes I frequent. It's just too far to the coast. I really envy the guys down in the Sacramento Delta.

Comment

Checking in. I've been a bit destracted from boat stuff for the past couple of months. Hope to start up again soon.
              17' Johnson Runabout (1964) Completed
              18' GlassCraft Imperial (1959) Done!
              19' Campion Bowrider (1999) Great family ski/tow boat
              25' Skagit (1960) Two of them. What am I thinking?
              14' Axtell Aquacraft (1950ish)
              14' Stilleto

Comment

My boat also has a 30 gal fuel tank at my feet under the bow, some times I also carry two six gal cans. With all the fuel I admit its too bow heavy, It can still pound and plow water up in the air in front of the boat. Mostly from going too fast for conditions and a flat bottom boat. I complained to Tim about how wet it is. It can be a little like looking into a washing machine with a glass door. He said "why don't you move some of that weight back" I said no cause then it pounds like crazy. On the other hand I towed a friends 32 ft fish boat from fishermen's terminal to Bellingham. We towed all night and all the next day I left him in Bellingham at 12:00 the next day he called me at 5:00 and says what are you doing? I said watching tv he said where are you, I said Port Gamble He said,
                "That Boat! " You see were going through some window pain here just so you know tyee uses the same 55/56 glass except there's a bit cut out of the middle.

Comment

I have been quite busy with my new job and haven't had a chance to do much with our boat since Mason Lake in September. I did however make the late night effort to get the windshield removed, again, and delivered back to Middy Plastics for them remake it - again... The one they made wasn't quite right and the left corner broke out as soon as it was bolted to the boat.

I am hoping to get time this winter to work on getting some paint on our trailer as the 6 year old primer is no longer protecting the frame. Especially since we finally make the sacrifice and launched her into Bellingham Bay four times this summer!

I missed attending the annual awards banquet for ACBS (I was in Mexico for week long family vacation) but I came home to the honor of being award the ACBS-PNW "Lime Light Award" for my contributions toward the growth and stability of our PNW chapter! A big part of those contributions was my work toward reuniting ACBS and NWCBC. So I owe all of you who have come out to play at the joint events a big THANK YOU!
                  Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
                  1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Bflaherty View Post
                    I have been quite busy with my new job and haven't had a chance to do much with our boat since Mason Lake in September. I did however make the late night effort to get the windshield removed, again, and delivered back to Middy Plastics for them remake it - again... The one they made wasn't quite right and the left corner broke out as soon as it was bolted to the boat.

I am hoping to get time this winter to work on getting some paint on our trailer as the 6 year old primer is no longer protecting the frame. Especially since we finally make the sacrifice and launched her into Bellingham Bay four times this summer!

I missed attending the annual awards banquet for ACBS (I was in Mexico for week long family vacation) but I came home to the honor of being award the ACBS-PNW "Lime Light Award" for my contributions toward the growth and stability of our PNW chapter! A big part of those contributions was my work toward reuniting ACBS and NWCBC. So I owe all of you who have come out to play at the joint events a big THANK YOU!
                    That is pretty cool and Congrats

Now if we can come up with a events list and get them on to our upcoming events page, that might help with more attendance too
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen
                    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
                      Checking in. I've been a bit destracted from boat stuff for the past couple of months. Hope to start up again soon.
                      I hope the distraction was a good one.
                      What are you planing on working on next

Good to see you posting again too
                      Helmar Joe Johanesen
                      1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
                      1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
                      Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
                      2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
                      http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

Comment

Working...
                      X