Roberts Mini-Craft 10ft boat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roberts Mini-Craft 10ft boat

I am not sure why but for some reason, I think I want one of those little boats like Marty had.

I did a search on the Internet and the only thing that even showed up was a Post from NWCLASSICBOATCLUB.COM

Here is the post as you can see is dated back in 2011

========================
    Marty Loken (Norseboater)

07-29-2011, 04:51 PM

Roberts Mini-Craft

I owned one of the little 10-footers several years ago, and sold it to a guy who was going to keep in somewhere on the Lake Washington Ship Canal. At the time it had a 20hp electric-start Johnson outboard, which seemed about right for the mini-runabout.

As far as I know, the fellow who built Roberts Mini-Crafts had a shop (maybe at his home) in Mountlake Terrace. He advertised the runabouts in a few local-area publications at the time, including Nor'westing.

John Flaherty, father of NWCBC member Brian Flaherty, might have known the Mini-Craft builder personally. (At least he seemed to know something about their production, and he had the name of the builder...which escapes me at the moment.)

Attached below is a photo of my old Mini-Craft, being tested by another club member during a rendezvous in Gig Harbor.

- Marty

======================

My chances of finding one of these might be slim to none. I Do have a 10 glass boat that I could convert but also just thinking I would feel better if I found a 12 foot glass boat as a donor to convert into maybe a Helmars Mini-Craft
    Marty and Lon.JPG
    Helmar Joe Johanesen
    1959 Skagit 20ft Offshore, 1959 Skagit 16ft Skimaster,
    1961 17ft Dorsett Catalina.1958 Uniflite 17 ft
    Outboards: 2.5 Bearcats, 3 50hp White shadow Mercs
    2 40hp Johnsons, several smaller Old kickers for a total of 12

Our Sister club
    http://www.goldenstateglassics.com

Oh, and Where is Robin Hood when you need him??

I wonder how many were built? They look like fun to cruise around in.

Comment

There was one fellow in Seattle that uses one of those for a boat tender or did.
      It think they are pretty cool looking.

Here is something that I have Never seen.....I know Tim Jones has or had the Skagit Tender boat but, these, never seen one.
      Ever hear of a Skagit Sneak Boat ?
      Broc8.jpg
      Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Funny that 2 more feet gets you Glasspar Marathon. Mini boats look like a lot of fun though.
        John Forsythe

'59 Bellboy 404 - Pretty Girl
        Past Affairs:
        '61 Marathon - Jammie Dodger

Comment

Have never seen a Skagit Sneak Boat. Only in the brochure. I suppose being sneak boats, they'd be hard to spot...especially crouching in the blackberry bushes.

Like the Robert's Mini-Craft. Don't recall ever seeing one...

Tim
          Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I believe there was a fellow with a son that brought his little Robert's Mini-Craft to a couple events several years ago... Not sure it was previously Marty's or a second one. He was pretty cool guy and participated in several events for a year or two then disappeared.

Personally, I like the GW Invader better as a mini boat, but the Robert's does have more traditional hull lines.
            Attached Files
            Brian Flaherty

"How can you discover great lands, with your feet planted in the sand"

1969 Chris Craft Cavalier 17 Ski Boat "Tupperware"
            1965 Performer Havoc (sold)

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I have a Robert's mini-craft that I'm selling right now. Here's a few pics probably won't post it here as it's on craigslist portland and seattle but it's a very nice boat stable and gets more attention at the docks than anything else.

Comment

Just a few pics sad I doubt I'll ever see one again after I sell it.
                Attached Files

Comment

Last one in the water. Sorry I don't have very exciting photos but I do love this little boat.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Oneuglynerd View Post
                    I know this is an old thread but I have a Robert's mini-craft that I'm selling right now. Here's a few pics probably won't post it here as it's on craigslist portland and seattle but it's a very nice boat stable and gets more attention at the docks than anything else.
                    There was only one other one that I knew of that was in the Seattle area. The fellow used to be one of our members, but like others moved on. I have not seen one of those little boat for a very long time. In fact, I will contact Marty Loken to see if he has any interest.
                    Helmar Joe Johanesen

Our Sister club

Comment

Sounds good. Thanks

Comment

Hi there - I have a Roberts Mini Craft that needs to be valued as part of an estate. I haven't been able to find others for sale to get any sense of value, wondering if someone might be able to help. Outfitted with a 20HP Mercury outboard, needs work cleaning up and getting back to running shape.

Patrick Ross

Comment

here's one I looked at a couple weeks ago for $1200. https://offerup.com/item/detail/491537636/

Comment

Thank you very much, appreciate it.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X