Prevost Harbor - Seattle Times Skagit Flotilla Photo Reshoot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevost Harbor - Seattle Times Skagit Flotilla Photo Reshoot

Prevost Harbor - Seattle Times Skagit Flotilla Photo Reshoot Wow, that's a mouthful!

So I'm suggesting as the date of this event to be Sunday August 6th. This the day after the LaConner Classic Boat and Car show. The destination is Stuart Island which is going to be (estimating) 35-40 mile run from LaConner. This seems to be the best date as most are already going to be as far north as LaConner anyway. With calm conditions and cruising at a nominal 20 knots, we can be there in two hours. The actual route we take (north or south) will depend on weather and tides. We'll need to get out of LaConner by 10:00 in the morning so as to get there and have time to get coordinated and ready for the photo shoot without being rushed. Many will also want to get back to the launch and home the same day.

Kelly suggested trailering to San Juan Island and launching at Roche Harbor. It's then a short run to Stewart Island. It's expensive to take a boat and trailer on the ferry in peak season. Guessing $250 round trip! But you'd save fuel and time. Best if those attending could make a three day weekend out of it and stay in Prevost on Sunday night.

Okay, let me have some feedback on this. Once the date is confirmed, I'll contact Parks to reserve campsite 21 and the mooring buoys in front of #21. Looking forward to this historic photo op.

Cheers,

Tim Jones
    360-298-4757
    Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Tim this sounds great however, I'll have to see what I can do about negotiating that day off. I took a gamble and bid the week off prior to the LaConner show. Our week goes from Sunday to Saturday so it was the only way to guarantee the day off for LaConner.
    I'll check on Wednesday and let you know.

Comment

I looked for the original photo and didn't find it. Id likely come with the sabrecraft skiff since it will be there already.

Comment

Found one from way back in the day...

DSC_0152.1.jpg

Comment

Ha ha, waaaaay back in May 2016 ! Nice shot Kelly. We'll get the photo shoot done !

Comment

Kelly,
            Okay, understand. I threw that date out there because it seemed logical since many are going to be in LaConner anyway. So any feedback is good and this date isn't set in stone........yet.

More feedback is appreciated..

Tim aka McSkagit
            Captain Tim (McSkagit) Jones 1959 Skagit 31 Saratogan

http://www.closeencountersecotours.com

Pay it forward.......take a kid for a boat ride

Comment

I'll definitely find out more tomorrow regarding taking time off despite the bidding process. I know I can take a day off usually the same week I ask for it throughout the year (regardless of the bidding) but a buddy of mine is in charge of the process...I know what he likes to drink

Comment

Well not to speak too prematurely but I put in for the 6-8th of August. I hope the 6th works for everyone because on our work calendar it was promising...
                Once I have the signed copy in my hands I'll let you guys know!

Comment

Working...
                X